Godspeed Little Mallard Duck

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

My DH and I are way too sensitive, but we can't help it. He saw a pair of Mallards walking together and then the female was hit by a car. We both cried.

Godspeed little duck. God bless the male who is probably missing her.

I hate seeing our neighborhood pond ducks hit by cars in the road. For some reason, there was a period of about three weeks a while back when there was a duck killed every few days. Weird.

Sorry you had to see that. Godspeed girlie ducky.

Cathy, Van & Monita (and angels Kimmie and Dagger)

Guest BlackandBrindle

That is so sad :(

Fly free sweetie...

And you aren't too sensitive, you are compassionate :grouphug I would have cried too.

That's very sad. I remember the duck pairs walking the neighborhood every spring where I grew up. It has something to do with the nesting season; not sure what. We would always have a pool for them to swim in and snacks at the ready. I hope the male finds another mate. At least it's probably too early for them to have a clutch of eggs somewhere.

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

We lived along a pond many years back and we had many mallards to watch and feed. One winter it got so cold that some had their feet frozen off. I cry every time I think of it. All are God's creatures and deserving of our respect and love. His eye is on the sparrow. Thank you for caring.

Fly free sweetie...

And you aren't too sensitive, you are compassionate :grouphug I would have cried too.

Me too. :(

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Fly free sweetheart. :grouphug:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greyfiend

That was such a sad thing to see. I just saw a pair of Mallard ducks outside our back fence today. Around here, if you don't stop for wildlife and you get caught, you're fined!

You are not too sensitive, you are a very caring person. I am so sorry for the little duck. :angry: Fly Free Sweet Baby. :bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I can assure you that I'm as sensitive as you are...I would have cried too...poor Mallard duck male...ducks normally join and stay together

for a lifetime...it will be hard for the male.

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest HeatherDemps

You are not too sensitive, I would have cried too. A creek runs behind my yard and I'm so glad to see the ducks back. Today in the parking lot of Home Depot, my husband and I saw a male and a female. I love that they hang out in pairs....

You aren't too sensitive at all. You are a human with feelings and personally, I wish more people felt the same.

A couple of blocks over from me is a large pond and the wildlife to go with it. Every spring there is a pair of ducks that wanders around the end of my block. I can't remember how long ago it was (time flies and I can't keep track!) but the female was also hit crossing the road. I felt so sorry for the male - he just kind of wandered around lost after that. I was afraid he was also going to be hit. Just the other day I saw a pair of ducks waddling down the yards across the street. Now, I have no way of knowing if it's the same male, but I like to think it is and that he is happy with a new mate. I'll hope the same for the male in your area.

Lee: (RR's Busy): Oswald Cobblepot X Lively Layla (10/14/97 - 01/22/10) ; Cool: (P's Cool Runner): P's Raising Cain X My Cool Runner (3/3/97 - 12/26/09) ; Nutty: (Itsanutterbutter): State of the Art X Itsalmostsaintly ; Waterproof: (KB's Waterproof): Oshkosh Slammer X Special Lady* ; Sadie: my sweet silly girl: 5/5/98 - 11/26/05

Fly free sweetie...

So would I. :cry1

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

• 3 weeks later...

Heck, I'm crying right now just reading about it! Godspeed poor sweetie...

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest Machbragal

I marvel at all wildlife -- and I love the ducks and geese. So many in my rural neighborhood consider them annoying and think they are pests. I think they are marvellous creatures created by God for a purpose unknown to me. I believe they have just as much right to be on this planet as I do, and I find they are one of my greatest sources of joy. It's so hard to imagine what they endure just to survive and what tragedies they must endure, as well. I wish all humanity respected other creatures more.