Lola Ate A Stuffie Eye

Guest LolaNLucy

Guest Dillymom

Dd left her bedroom door open aparently this morning and Lola got in there while I was in my office working. I came around the corner and found her knawing on the bunny's head and the bunny only had 1 eye left. I don't see remnants of the eye anywhere around so I'm 99% sure she ate it. She's acting fine since then so should I be concerned or just let it go?

She does have an appt tomorrow morning with a new vet but it's just a checkup and appt to get flea and heartworm meds.

Guest BlackandBrindle

She will most likely be fine. Sadie has eaten lots of weird things :rolleyes:

You can mention it to the vet tomorrow, but if it's small, it will most likely pass through.

Guest fastdogs

Ask the vet about it. Chances are if it was small (dime size). It will pass without any problems. If it was bigger, there might be problems, especially if it is chewed and no longer smooth.

Hopefully, anything that she ate was welled chewed up.

Guest Dillymom

it was from a small stuffed animal so it was maybe the size of a dime- this is after eating a frog while we were walking last night.

Mickey also ate a stuffie eye and a frog. Guess the frogs are just too slow!

Sometimes the eyes come to a sharp point inside. The flat ones should be ok. I always take the eyes out myself now after seeing one which tapered to a point and was almost two inches long!

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

I pity the new Vet if he asked for a stool sample. "The good news, no parasites. The bad news, a bit of frog and an eyeball" :unsure

Guest Dillymom

I performed an eye-ectomy on the other side to see how big it was all together and there's nothing pointy or sharp on it so I get to look forward to her poop staring back at me tomorrow.

Guest EmilyAnne
I performed an eye-ectomy on the other side to see how big it was all together and there's nothing pointy or sharp on it so I get to look forward to her poop staring back at me tomorrow.

:unsure:lol

Sounds like she'll be fine, funny the things they manage to get into!

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

You beat me to the punchline! :lol I was going to say that our Diana is a notorious eye-eater. And - I actually HAVE had the poop staring back at me!!!!! Di has eaten dozens of eyes of all shapes and sizes - with no ill effects.

Not that we normally give her stuffies with eyes - but she's a thief. DD's stuffed animal collection (including some actual collectibles) has suffered horribly.

99% of the time - they'll pass it just fine. But - once an eye-eater, always and eye-eater. :rolleyes: So - de-eyeball stuffies in the future. Also look out for "sound-boxes" that squeal, etc. Diana LOVES to pull them out too. A screaming monkey only screams for about 4 minutes here. :eek

Guest nerak254

You beat me to the punchline! :lol I was going to say that our Diana is a notorious eye-eater. And - I actually HAVE had the poop staring back at me!!!!! Di has eaten dozens of eyes of all shapes and sizes - with no ill effects.

Not that we normally give her stuffies with eyes - but she's a thief. DD's stuffed animal collection (including some actual collectibles) has suffered horribly.

99% of the time - they'll pass it just fine. But - once an eye-eater, always and eye-eater. :rolleyes: So - de-eyeball stuffies in the future. Also look out for "sound-boxes" that squeal, etc. Diana LOVES to pull them out too. A screaming monkey only screams for about 4 minutes here. :eek

That's why I started buying baby toys at garage sales. I only bought the ones with embroidered eyes and nose and no squeeker/noise things when Goody was around. She murdered everything with plastic.

Guest Celestes_Dad

Celeste ate the handle of a screwdriver, a slipper, part of a wicker basket, cat fur balls, a stuffie squeaker, cat toys, and several other things that I had no idea that she could eat.. and all passed through fine or got thornw up.. I do have to say tht teh slipper did take two days to pass though...

Guest tobinhr
I pity the new Vet if he asked for a stool sample. "The good news, no parasites. The bad news, a bit of frog and an eyeball" :unsure

:rofl:rofl

Jan

Mac, who almost ate a battery... :yikes