Remembering Ivey

Guest Hattiemae

Stacey, it's taken me a while to get round to reading the remembrance pages, because I know I'll have to write something for Susan soon. I know how hard it is to do that, so I appreciate your tribute to Ivey so much.

Susan was very dear to me, but it's Jim who is my 'heart' dog and I recognise so much of what you say about Ivey as being true of him too. He's the one who waits only for me, who saves his smiles and greetings for me and who can't bear to let me out of his sight. It's going to be very hard saying goodbye to him when the time comes, so my heart aches for you now.

Keep those memories in your heart and she will live forever. And she'll be waiting for you :wub:

:bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest mygracefulpooch

Thank you for sharing. Those memories are so sweet and bring a smile to my face. I was sitting here at work and someone just commented on how I was smiling at my computer. Ivey made me smile.

Thank you!

Thank you for sharing your memories. Ivey reminds me so much about my Winnie. Winnie had the same story. Same ending, her heart. When people asked me what happened I told them she gave me her whole heart, and left nothing for herself. She was selfless. We tried and fought for her too. Sometimes the final gift is the best gift you can give. Im sure Winnie will comfort her as they wait for us. No one but us... God Bless you in this hard time, but you will get through it and don't stand by her grave and cry, shes not there shes with you...

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Thank you so much for writing such a touching tribute. I re-read it several times, and feel I knew Ivey from how descriptive you were in your piece. Greyhounds are such incredible dogs, and Ivey's story confirms this. Again, thanks - I bet it was very cathartic for you.

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

You brought tears to our eyes. We have lost a beloved friend before,

so we know your feelings, and the wonderful life they can give you.

Pat on the back and a tissue for your tears for your devotion to the

well loved Greys out there.

Guest lovingreys

Stacey, what a beautiful storey of her life with you. I wish that I could have met Ivey...

My heart goes out to you...you two were lucky to have each other.

Hugs