Millicent Smith "houndmama"

Guest greymomx2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH I can't believe it's been that long. I still have her in my email address book. I can just never bring myself to delete it. It would be like deleting the part of her that was in my life. :weep

Same here. I sure do miss her.

Anyone know how her pups are doing in their new home?

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

:cry1 I can't believe it's been a whole year. I've been avoiding this thread....I guess because I knew how sad it would make me feel. I never knew Millicent, but she also touched my soul. I remember seeing her posts on the Greyhound-L and they were always about helping this dog or that dog. For her, it was ALWAYS about the dogs.

I hope her family and friends have been able to find some peace since her passing. She certainly touched many lives here on GT.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I saved all her blog posts and was looking at them again yesterday...and the pictures...can't believe it's been a year.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

I never knew her, but I do remember her passing.

She was very loved and obvioulsy, very missed.

That picture Xan made is just spectacular.

RIP.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Such a beautiful soul. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I have thought of Millicent so frequently during this past year.

I also think about her Mother, Helen, and Millicent's dear friend, Hazel, who left her home in PA and drove through the night to rush to Millicent's side.

Hazel stayed with Millicent til the very end of her life and was always looking out for her interest and comfort, even through the darkest nights.

May Helen and Hazel be blessed with friends and family to watch over them in times of need, as they devoted themselves and their lives to Millicent.

Lighting a candle in honor of them all.

Same here :cry1. What an incredible group of women.

Hazel is such an amazing lady---Millicent was so fortunate to have her.

Miss you, Mill :candle

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers