Millie Bitten By Loose Dog.

was walking the gang this morning and talked to my neighbour who was checking his mailbox with his two spaniels, millie and blue like them & were playing with them, another neighbour's bulldog ran up and attacked millie & bit her on the chin.

i got her home & tried to wash it gently with some antibacterial soap & she cried while i did, the blood on her fur has oozed out after. poor millie. she really is still alive in the photo:

Millie.jpg

she also has chronic ETS, but that was pre-existing.

the only good (?) thing is that our vet owns the bulldog & he was on site immediately after & his wife (also a vet) got the bulldog indoors. he looked at millie and said it shouldn't be stitched as it needed to be open to drain, he's bringing me some anti-biotics to treat her with and will be looking after her.

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Guest ss556

Dear doG, I am so very sorry. that looks nasty. I hope she's feeling better real soon. I've been there twice. My prayers for your Millie.

OMG- I am speechless and angry that your poor baby was subjected to. That beyond sux.

Hoping for a quick and painless recovery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh NO! Poor Millie. I just find it hard to understand how 2 vets could let their baby run unleashed. Sending the most gentle hugs. :grouphug Heal swiftly sweetie girl. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest TBSFlame

Did the bull dog just get out? Has it been out before? Vets should know better. I hate that your sweet baby got hurt. This is the reason I don't walk my dogs any longer. Too many lose dogs around.

the vet had opened the door to go to work & buster snuck out with the vet running behind, they've got a gated driveway into the courtyard but he'd had it open so he could drive out. buster ran towards sam, the spaniel but diverted to millie. mine were of course, leashed so could not maneuver as well.

he came by a few minutes ago to check up on millie and dropped off a weeks worth of antibiotics - he apologised again and said it's the first time buster has drawn blood on anything & he was real disappointed in him. he'll come by in a few days to check millie again. at least he'll be doing a house call. millie is looking miserable and wouldn't eat the nice smelly polish sausage chunk with the pill in it, guess she's got a sore jaw. vet said she'll likely show bruising in a while.

vet came back & gave her a shot to ease the pain & swelling, said will check up on her tonite to see if she's taken the pill, will give her an antibiotic shot if not, but he didn't want to do it now as it hurts a lot.

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

That looks awful. :( Is antibiotics all he can do for Millie? I think I'd want at least some stitches & lots of pain meds. It looks like her skin is ripped open. Sending good healing thoughts to Millie.... :kiss2

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Awww! At least the vet is taking good responsibility.

You might want to get her on some arnica for the bruising. We swear by that stuff, here. Maybe Traumeel? I haven't tried that, yet, but it looks good, and several GTers use it.

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

update:

millie was feeling a bit under the weather till thursday & wouldn't eat anything but a couple scrambled eggs & the cheese with her pill in it, she started eating a bit thursday tho, friday she ate like she normally would, the swelling was down considerably and her drainage was down to a trickle, sat. she was pretty much back to her old self, a little weepy drainage after she ate. antibiotics ran out this morning, mr. vet came by and had a look at her & said she was healing well, no more antibiotics needed & she should be all healed up in a week or so. millie and blue went back to the scene of the crime tonite, the spaniels were out again & blue had a bit of a play with them and millie stood by and watched calmly, the spaniels had a bit of a sniff and a tail wag with her and all was fine. no sign of the vet's bulldog - he's under house arrest.

millie will have a nice biker chick's scar to show all the doggies...

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

POOR little girl. I have been wondering how MIllie was doing. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

ohhhh NO! I am so sorry Millie!!!! If he is a vet he should be watching his dog better, bless her heart. :sad1:bighug:bighug:dogcookie:getwell

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter