Hi From Seattle, Washington

This is my reluctant flower child about three months after he came home (GAD, that's been 18 MONTHS ago) Took me long enough to nose you all out! I fell in love with Greyhounds the day I showed up to pick up my geriatric, grumpy Maltese at day care and he was asleep in the paws of the sweetest, softest, gentlest dog I'd ever met -- her name was Peanut and she was my introduction to Greyhounds.

My Reluctant Flower Child

razzle_flower1.jpg

After a few fits and starts I took the old poop (that's Moclips the Maltese) to meet several greys and we walked them all -- Razzle was the only one who had eyes only for us -- and boy, did we end up with a special dog. To this day, I can't understand how he had a failed adoption. Evidently, the five year old walked into the adoption office handed the leash to the lady who runs it and said "we're sending him back, we don't love him anymore" (they had him for nearly six months??!!!) He literally loves every human being he meets and when we go to the dog park, he wants to meet all the people and be thoroughly petted and fussed over (just a simple pet will NOT do) before he'll even think about playing.

The old poop ---

valentine_puppy-s1.jpg

He is in training to pass his Orion test (we still have a bit of trouble with focus for long periods) as he needs more people to love than just me, my office staff of twenty and the old poop. He will stand without moving a muscle as long as he is getting attention and I think he'll be great in hospitals. Anyone who has any exprience training their greys for therapy -- I'd LOVE to hear anything you have that will help!

We had a terrible time with poo at first, but a raw diet (wet noses) and brown rice tightened us right up. (Razzle is deeply concerned that my poo fetish may indicate a broader range of problems, but he's learned to live with it.)

And while they rarely sleep together (Razzle is about 78 pounds and Mo is about 7.5 and sixteen years old to boot -- he has being rolled on issued I think -- Peanut was only about 50!) you can see that my assistants are hard at work -- day in and day out!

morazzle.jpg

I'm thrilled to have found you all! :bighug:bighug:gh_bow:ghplaybow:wubsite

A Mom (Irene)

A Maltese (Moclips)

and

Razzle Dazzle!

Evidently, the five year old walked into the adoption office handed the leash to the lady who runs it and said "we're sending him back, we don't love him anymore" (they had him for nearly six months??!!!)

:weep That breaks my heart! I feel so sorry that a five-year-old child has such terrible parents! :( What kind of adult will that child turn out to be? Rhetorical question - I think we all know the answer! <_< I'm glad he found you and has a true forever family now!

Me too! Evidently she was "jealous" of the greyhound (according to her keepers) ... can you imagine how she'll be with sharing and caring when she's older?

Sociopathy begins at home!

I, M & RD

This is a kind of embaressing picture from when he was first with me .... I was so afraid he would be uncomfortable, I just, well ....

You can see ...

Razzle and the Pea

razzle_and_the_pea.jpg

I've gotton over it. I seem to be obsessed with taking pictures when he's sleeping -- I never noticed until now ... I'll work on some 'stand up shots' for the future!

A Mom

A Maltese

and

Razzle Dazzle

Guest celticfairiemom

Hi and Welcome from NY!! Those are some amazing photos and I am very glad for Razzle Dazzle that the previous people returned him so he could be loved on by you and Mo.

:welcome2 Greetings from the East Coast. Sterling and Kelsey send wags and sniffs to Rd and M.

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Irene, welcome to GT from Maine! :welcome2 Thank you for posting all the pics - your doggies are adorable! :wub:

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest BlackandBrindle
This is a kind of embaressing picture from when he was first with me .... I was so afraid he would be uncomfortable, I just, well ....

You can see ...

Razzle and the Pea

razzle_and_the_pea.jpg

I've gotton over it. I seem to be obsessed with taking pictures when he's sleeping -- I never noticed until now ... I'll work on some 'stand up shots' for the future!

A Mom

A Maltese

and

Razzle Dazzle

omg, you're gonna fit right in here :colgate

This picture made me guffaw, but really, only because I've been known to go overboard myself ;)

Welcome to the site. Razzle Dazzle is absolutely gorgeous! He was very obviously meant to be with you :)

Don't feel bad about all the beds...mine are all doubled up here!! Can't have our princes and princesses lying to close to the ground : )

Your pups are adorable and I'm so glad that RD was returned because he certainly has found a wonderful forever home with you and Mo.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

:welcome2

Hello there! I'm not sure if you'll remember but we met you at the Belltown dog park at least a year ago. I have Grace, the lovely brindle who was probably more interested in getting pets or food from the people at the dog park. I remember you getting Razzle Dazzle to help with little Mo's mobility. Glad to see you here!

Oh, and we know Peanut too....she's just a doll!

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

:welcome2

Hello there! I'm not sure if you'll remember but we met you at the Belltown dog park at least a year ago. I have Grace, the lovely brindle who was probably more interested in getting pets or food from the people at the dog park. I remember you getting Razzle Dazzle to help with little Mo's mobility. Glad to see you here!

Oh, and we know Peanut too....she's just a doll!

We do remember you! Since Capital Hill opened, we don't get down to Belltown much anymore, but we were down about a week ago -- I think spring MAY be here. WONDERFUL to hear from you -- the boys say Wufffff!!!!

:baloons

A Mom

A Maltese

and

Razzle Dazzle!

We do remember you! Since Capital Hill opened, we don't get down to Belltown much anymore, but we were down about a week ago -- I think spring MAY be here. WONDERFUL to hear from you -- the boys say Wufffff!!!!

A Mom

A Maltese

and

Razzle Dazzle!

And I've since moved to West Seattle myself, so no more Belltown park for us either. We do go to Westcrest over here in West Seattle though, it's big and has a nice loop trail for walking/zooming. Let me know if you are ever in the area and we'll meet you there!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

:welcome I LOVE THOSE PICTURES!!!!!But that is very sad a 5-year old takes the dog back????? People, some I will never understand. I am so Happy he has a HAPPY home now!!!!!! :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

A Mom

A Maltese

and

Razzle Dazzle!

And I've since moved to West Seattle myself, so no more Belltown park for us either. We do go to Westcrest over here in West Seattle though, it's big and has a nice loop trail for walking/zooming. Let me know if you are ever in the area and we'll meet you there!

I've never been there ... love to try it out. I have tons of relatives in West Seattle, so we visit fairly often!

Wags! :gh_bow

Irene, Mo & Razzle Dazzle

Guest sandlot13433

Hi and welcome from NY! :welcome2 I love love love the photo of Razzle on all of the beds :rotfl It looks to me like he found the perfect home.