Meet Greg!

Guest kimberllee

Guest kimberllee

So, this is Greg. He's coming to stay with us next weekend. We are taking him in as a foster because Heart of Texas Greyhounds needs extra fosters while Cheryl King and her family go to Las Vegas so Cheryl can accept her AGTOA Greyhound Adoption Person of the Year award on March 17. (YAY Cheryl!)

We took Lexie to a PetSmart/HOT event today to meet Greg, and of course, I took photos. If he gets along with Lexie and our blind kitty, Simba, we think we'll probably adopt him, too. We're pretty excited (and I'm a little scared, too)!

He's 2 years and 4 months old and weighs around 75 pounds. He outweighs our little girl by about 20 pounds! He was very sweet and calm and he and Lexie got along just fine. We'll just have to see how things go here at the house. I'll post more when he's actully here.

Greg, being cute:

IMGP3340_edited.jpg

IMGP3339_edited.jpg

IMGP3338_edited.jpg

IMGP3345_edited.jpg

And a random shot of the pretty girl:

IMGP3326_edited.jpg

Edited by kimberllee

They look very nice together. Don't worry about size difference. John E weighed 93 and Brandy 65 when we got them. They were a very strange looking pair, but more important, they got along.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest kimberllee
I wanted to see what a grey named "greg" would look like....and he looks EXACTLY the way I expected! Very handsome!

:lol:lol:lol It is an odd name, isn't it? DH likes it. I'm not sure. Gregg, maybe? :lol:lol:lol

Guest winli02

No no! Don't change it! That was what drew me to your post...of course I first thought of "Greg Brady", but then again, my grey is named Dylan and the first thing I thought of Dylan from the TV show 90210...can you tell I watch too much TV? Greg is a PERFECT name for that face!

Guest VaGreymom

He is beautiful. In the one shot looks like he is singing.

They look greyt together.

I love your siggy, your little beauty looks beautiful in pink. Love that big pink bow.

Guest kimberllee

Well, unless Greg does something awful, like try to kill my special needs kitty, or attack Lexie, he's pretty much in and has a place in the family. We tricked ourselves into bringing him in as a *foster* since HOT needs some assistance while they go to Vegas. Clearly, we're pushovers. We're taking him in week earlier than is really necessary ... and we're already looking at collar and man-dage designs on line. I think he's pretty much IN. :rolleyes: My DH thinks Greg looks like a pirate, and needs a Cara-Lea designed pirate mandage. :lol

I wanted to see what a grey named "greg" would look like....and he looks EXACTLY the way I expected! Very handsome!

Whuts rong wiff da name Greg?

Curiously,

George

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest kimberllee

Whuts rong wiff da name Greg?

Curiously,

George

George, I don't think there is anything wrong wiff da name Greg, it is just not very common for da Greyhound, dats all. Da peeps were expectin something more like George or Stryker or Spartacus, ya know? My mom and dad thinks he might look like a Mr. Big. Isn't that silly? :lol

Greg is a real cutie pie, and your Lexie is gorgeous! I love her pink bow picture! Such a princess!

Our GH was named Marcus when we got him but we had to change it, because that is my boss's name too, and there was NO WAY that was going to fly!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest houndlover

I love the 3rd pic of Lexi and Greg. Greg looks like he is talking to you and Lexi looks like a litte princess. Good luck. I hope it all works out.

He is sooo Handsome and they look sooo HAPPY together! :wub::wub:

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter