Loose Dogs Again!

Guest Mommydog

Aaaww! :sad1 Poor Joe! That looks nasty. Here's hoping he gets all better soon... :kiss2:goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Oh, I hate that crap with loose dogs. I hope Joe heals well and feels better soon.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Mommydog

Joe's injury is looking pretty good today :) It was seeping kind of watery blood last night, I know cos' I put a clean bedspread on yesterday, ain't that always the way! :rolleyes::P But it had dried up by this morning, and all of the angry redness has gone from it. It's still quite swollen, but I guess that's only to be expected. However he's eating fine, I think it helped that Gwanee bought him a roast chicken from the supermarket last night :P

Thanks for the good wishes everyone :)

Guest Snowy8

Between your good food fixing & Miss Pipi Nightingale Francine...Joey will be back to his old self in no time.

Yes...I know what you mean, I put my new birthday sheets on the other night & Gogh came in with a scrap on his foot...blood everywhere....and muddy feets. If he just wasn't so cute.....

Make sure Pipi-Francine pulled the wave-runner up on to the shore...I don't want it floating out into the ocean & leaving her stranded. :hehe

Poor baby. That looks like it hurts!!!

That's why I always carry pepper spray and a walking stick.

Something similar happened to me a few months ago. Out on a walk with Missile who is basically friendly. A family was walking 5 dogs, 2 off leash. Missile was gretting the 2 off leash when one of the on-leash dogs started pulling and growling and tore away from the child that was walking him. That set off the 2 off-leash dogs who then started attacking Missile. He wound up with a small bite on his hind quarter from this little lap dog before we could all break apart the dog frenzy. My friend told me to walk with a stick, which I have never done? What would I do with it? Hit a dog? I don't think I could do that. When the other dogs started to attack Missile I had this instinctive reaction and blanketed him with my body, which was probably the absolute wrong thing to do, but at the moment I wasn't thinking of course. If I had pepper spray and used it, would the other owner sue me? How do you handle that?

Missile.jpg

BABY, HE WAS BORN TO RUN!

Guest Mommydog

Something similar happened to me a few months ago. Out on a walk with Missile who is basically friendly. A family was walking 5 dogs, 2 off leash. Missile was gretting the 2 off leash when one of the on-leash dogs started pulling and growling and tore away from the child that was walking him. That set off the 2 off-leash dogs who then started attacking Missile. He wound up with a small bite on his hind quarter from this little lap dog before we could all break apart the dog frenzy. My friend told me to walk with a stick, which I have never done? What would I do with it? Hit a dog? I don't think I could do that. When the other dogs started to attack Missile I had this instinctive reaction and blanketed him with my body, which was probably the absolute wrong thing to do, but at the moment I wasn't thinking of course. If I had pepper spray and used it, would the other owner sue me? How do you handle that?

I'm sorry Missile got hurt. I haven't seen pepper sprays for sale in the UK, but I think you can probably get them. In your case I don't know if the owner would have been able to sue you had you used a spray. But in my own personal opinion, even though his dog was leashed it wasn't properly under control, as you say a child was walking it. We had a thread here a while back as to what age people would be happy to give full responsibilty of a dog to a minor. And if I remember rightly most people seemed to think 14-16 years old.

Guest Snowy8

Angie...imagine no further, someone posted this on the internet last night of a white prissy greyhound crossing the Atlantic Ocean in a red Pamela Anderson-Baywatch type bathing suit, on a wave-runner.

pipionherwy.jpg

These pictures make my face hurt...I'm glad he's doing okay. I know we joke about Joey & Pipi...but he's in my prayers & thoughts...

I'm sorry Missile got hurt. I haven't seen pepper sprays for sale in the UK, but I think you can probably get them. In your case I don't know if the owner would have been able to sue you had you used a spray. But in my own personal opinion, even though his dog was leashed it wasn't properly under control, as you say a child was walking it. We had a thread here a while back as to what age people would be happy to give full responsibilty of a dog to a minor. And if I remember rightly most people seemed to think 14-16 years old.

Thanks for responding to me. It is so hard to think about the dogs getting hurt. I am glad Joe is on the mend.

Missile.jpg

BABY, HE WAS BORN TO RUN!