Ouch!

Guest Mommydog

Guest Mommydog

Took the boys out this afternoon on their usual walk. There's a fence we get over, well not so much a fence as some black plastic sheeting, with stakes every so far along to hold it up. It isn't very high, about two and a half to three feet. Jack never has a problem getting over it, he's jumped over it countless times before. But I don't know what he did today, I think he kind of skewed as he was jumping and hit the stake then fell. So now he has a big red and purple bruise with some grazing on his inner thigh, he has bruising and graze on his bad foot, a bruise down his ribs and long graze down his front leg, which if it had been much deeper would have been a nasty gash. I've cleaned it all up and gave him some aspirin, but he's feeling pretty sorry for himself at the moment, it must be darn sore. However he's eating, drinking etc OK. He certainly managed to bang himself up badly :(

Edited by Mommydog

Poor beastie. Good time to have some quiet spoiling. Hope he heals quickly and isn't too sore next few days.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Jayuck duh Lab...what's up wiff you??? Oh bress your heart....uh leg. Mommy should've helped you over dat ole sticky thing...bless your heart. I'm sure if Free to be your lovely wife knew this was going on, she'd be on Pipi's wave runner crossing the ocean to take care of you. Pipi-Francine :beatheart

Awwww Jack...

I'm glad your mommy likes her cards! She's very special to me.

I watched a dog who had jumped a fence "countless times" get impaled on a wrought iron spike. It was HORRIFYING--and the woman who let him jump it wasn't even his owner. It wasn't easy getting him OFF the spike either.

You were very lucky.

The dog in question survived--his owners about $1,500 poorer, and a friendship ruined.

Ick!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest Mommydog
I watched a dog who had jumped a fence "countless times" get impaled on a wrought iron spike. It was HORRIFYING--and the woman who let him jump it wasn't even his owner. It wasn't easy getting him OFF the spike either.

You were very lucky.

The dog in question survived--his owners about $1,500 poorer, and a friendship ruined.

Ick!

Oh, that must have been awful! Well this wasn't a pointed spike, it was the square end of the stake. I would never let them jump over anything like a spike.

He's doing OK, thanks :) He ate his breakfast this morning, and when I took them out for their walk, as soon as his feet touched the frosty grass, to use kaotic1's terminology he got friskified :P So I guess he can't be feeling too bad, I think it's still pretty sore though.

Guest Mommydog

Jack is doing OK today, but I think he's still pretty sore. This is the deep graze on his front leg, luckily it didn't end up any worse, otherwise it could have been quite a bad gash.

DSC02605.JPG

Fortunately the bruising isn't as bad as I'd expected it would be today, it was really angry and purple yesterday. You can't see too much of it here, most of it is on his inner thigh and right in his groin. It obviously hurts for me to part his legs, so I'm not going to unless necessary. I should think the muscles are very stiff and sore at the moment. I think the thing that's upsetting him at the moment, is that he can't get it into the weird and wonderful sleeping positions he usually adopts!

DSC02609.JPG