Hi From Texas

Guest SillyIzzysMom

Guest SillyIzzysMom

Just popping in to introduce myself. We adopted our new girl, Izzy, two weeks ago. She is a dream. A little shy at first but every day I can feel her coming out of her shell more and more.

I also have 3 kids (one grown and gone and another leaving for college this fall) 1 DH, 1 Golden Retriever (rescue--9 years old), 3 cats, and now our new girl.

We owned a brindle g-hound boy years ago, Dash, who is now at the bridge, and when we first went looking for another hound, I was planning to get an older boy (perhaps trying, subconsiously to replace Dash?). And then, of course, with the cat safe factor added etc. . .things just worked out with this little girl instead. I couldn't be happier. . .she is sweet and beautiful (yeah, I know. . .but I promise I didn't specify a beautiful hound, I just got lucky!!) and gets along great with our older girl-Golden.

Here's a photo--it's not great. It's the one that her adoption group had on their website. Whenever I magage to take some photos I'm going to post a better one.

Here's Izzy

bree1.jpg

Guest SillyIzzysMom
Where in Texas?

We adopted her from Greyhounds Unlimited; we live in Tyler.

It's very rainy and thundery today. . .Izzy is sad that I won't take her out in the back yard to play fetch like we've been doing most mornings. (I throw a round stuffy, she chases it down, kills it a little bit and then bringing it back to me to throw again--very funny.) Even if it stops raining we'll have to wait until tomorrow--my little yard is so wet right now that I think she'd turn it into a mud wallow with her rowdy stops and turns! I love my hard floors (tile and wood) with dogs, and yet sometimes I don't. I know Izzy would love being able to zoom around in the house, but unless she stays on the area rugs it's too slippery.

I started with the fetch game because I worried that a 30-40 minute walk (weather permitting) might not be enough exercise for such a young girl. It's fine for my older Golden Retriever, but Izzy seems so perky and friskky that we added a few minutes of fetch to her routine and she loves it. Of course, my Golden RETRIEVER won't play fetch at all--never has. If I toss a toy, Ruby looks at me like, "You threw it, you go get it." haha.

Guest GreytMuse

Welcome, fellow Texan! Glad to see you join our community and I look forward to more of your posts and photos of your gorgeous new pup.

I also have an 'olden golden' girl who is 11 now, and she tolerates the boys fairly well..! :lol

Hello from California, and welcome! What a cutie she is!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

welcome to Greytalk. Izzy is beautiful. I am originally from Tyler and have lots of family there. I live in Houston now. Fortunatley, mine don't mind the rain but I hate the mud! Again welcome.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Welcome from Plano!!

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.