My New Pooch!

Guest Iheartgreys

I plugged in his name at greyhound-data and here is what I got: Linkage. He looks wonderful!

Cathy

Blank 500 x 150.jpg
Suzie aka  CBJ Fly Sonic (b. 07 Feb 2015) and missing:
Homer aka Atoscocita Homer (05 Oct 2010- 16 Nov 2021)
Xena the Galgo aka Xene the Bean (? 2009- 6 Sep 2018)
Jackie aka Katie aka Sun Blaze (16 April 2001- 14 April 2014)

Mine is still at his racing weight, 2 years later. He runs a lot, so we keep him at a low weight. He's very healthy. If they do gain weight, they shouldn't gain more than 5 pounds or so. At least that's what I've been told.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest PhillyPups

:wub: OH HOW HANDSOME IS HE!!! :wub:

I just LOVE the Daytona Dawgs (Stepper and Tiger Power are as wre my angels, Runner and The Divine Ms. SugarBear) wishing you all the best, when does he come up??

:wub::confetti:confetti:confetti CONGRATULATIONS! He is a very cute or should we say handsome fella. Love that Face.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Thanks for the info!

At 74# now, do you think that he will be a really big boy at his "pet" weight?

How much do they typically gain?

I am too much of a newbie to know the typical answer, but the paperwork says our girl was racing at 58 pounds. When I took her to the vet the first week I had her she was only 52 pounds. 2 months later I'm pretty sure she is just a wee bit heavier :blush , but I haven't weighed her again yet. Going by the recommendations I've read -- able to see the last three ribs and still has a nice tuck-- I'm thinking she's okay though.

Your new boy looks so sweet--I don't know how you can wait until the 1st!!

Cathy

Blank 500 x 150.jpg
Suzie aka  CBJ Fly Sonic (b. 07 Feb 2015) and missing:
Homer aka Atoscocita Homer (05 Oct 2010- 16 Nov 2021)
Xena the Galgo aka Xene the Bean (? 2009- 6 Sep 2018)
Jackie aka Katie aka Sun Blaze (16 April 2001- 14 April 2014)

He's a good looking boy (just like James Brolin on Marcus Welby MD - which I remember from when I was VERY young ;) ). Big boys are greyt! Whatcha gonna name him?

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Iheartgreys

I am not sure yet on a name, i could use some suggestions...

My current pets are Gus and Murrie, so i am looking for kind of an "old man name"...

Guest LokisMom

Beautiful boy!

Not sure about the weight thing. My boy raced at 78 lbs and is hardly that now. He looks good, can see the last 2 ribs but is closer to 75 lbs. I wouldn't think he'd be all that big at his "pet" weight. a lot of it in my opinion will depend on how tall he is. Loki is fairly skinny but he is all legs. Very tall and leggy. When we were getting ready to adopt him people kept going "Oh, wow, he's a really big dog, can you handle that?" We were scared he was going to be a monster but he's just a tiny bit taller than most males we run into.

As for names, how about Seymour? Eugene? Harlan? I can't think of any more old man names right now.

Seymour! Sighthound - see more - get it? :rofl Never mind.... :rolleyes:

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Congratulations! He's really a looker!

He's coming straight from Florida? Be sure you have a warm coat ready for him .... LOL !!

I adopted my first hound years ago from Florida and flew him home at the end of February. ( I adopted him while on vacation & bought him a plane ticket to fly home with me)

It was a rude awakening for him to come off of the Airplane to sleet, cold wind and snow. :omg

Poor guy went from Sunshine and 80 degrees to a Michigan winter storm in less than 6 hours.

He adjusted - of course. :D But I had to buy him a coat right away & then he came to love the snow .....

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest PhillyPups

Amen to that. I brought SugarBear and Stepper with me when I moved back up from Daytona (first time Sugs was north of Jax) the first snowflake that his her nose, she turned and looked at me, and if looks could kill, that 13 year old gal would have done it. Stepper has been here a while, although he was born, raised and raced in FL, when I get the coats out he still starts to shiver, but then he is 12-1/2. :lol:lol

Guest myjazzy

He looks like he's at a pretty good weight. Whether they need to gain weight or not after retirement really depends on how the trainer likes to keep his/her hounds. Some like them a little heavier than others. Mine have pretty much stayed at their same weight, which is a blessing in the case of Moses, whose racing weight was 85 pounds. :rolleyes: