How Quickly Do Your Pups' Corns Come Back After Hulling?

Sully's corn makes me want to :riphair:headwall . Hulling it gives him great relief, but it always comes back, and it seems to come back so darned quickly!! It needs to be hulled on just about a monthly basis! :eek:blink: I understand why it hurts too, the darned thing is as hard as a rock-- it must feel like walking with a big, sharp pebble in your shoe. OUCH!

It's just so frustrating! I hate seeing him limp, and he doesn't like getting it hulled (and it has to be done often), but I'm not sure surgery is worth it, since often they just come right back. :(

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

Guest sknydog

I just hulled Go's last week and it is already back! :angry: His grows so fast and has to be hulled so often that my vet sold me a hulling tool (which is essentially a dental instrument) so I do it myself now. I hate their isn't SOMETHING to cure corns.

Depending on the dog, you can pop it out yourself with your fingernail. I did Rob Roy's (corns on 3 feet) by myself.

Mahogany, however, needs to go to the vet and be sedated because she is a screamer and goes into a full blown panic attack. The rate it comes back differs. I wish my vet had a laser!

Soften it with bag balm.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

I took Diane's suggestion and hulled Train's corn myself with my thumb nail. What a difference it made! Its been at least a couple months now since I had to do that and knock on wood, no limping.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Turbo's was coming back about every three weeks, but he hasn't limped or needed his tramadol or boot since...September, I think. It did come back, but didn't seem painful - Dr. K. hulled it anyway while he was under for his dental in January. He's been limping a little, but I think that's from a coursing line burn on the same foot. He moved really well for me this morning :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Zema's had to be done @ every 3 weeks. Not a big deal as my vet is close, walk-in, and only charged a couple $ to do it. When she was under for her last dental, vet hulled them again and just touched the hulled surfaces with the laser; they didn't come back for NINE MONTHS. I have had them hulled once since then and no repeat yet.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So were you able to find a vet near you to do this? Inu just had his hulled while under for a dental and the rate of return has been much slower this time. I wonder if the vet was never able to get the whole sucker out because Inu kept pulling away? Does Sully fight the procedure a bit?

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

I hate corns! My 12 year old has one and it cycles around from being not painful to being very sore. His grows back very quickly - within 2-3 weeks. For those of you who have been able to remove the corn yourself with your fingernail, what did you do about the "thread" that often keeps it attached to the pad? Did you just pull the corn out or did you snip the "thread"?

Pat

Guest greytbookert

Have you tried using Abreva after you have hulled? I tried it with Sahra and found that the frequency of the corn's return is somewhat diminished.