Sick Kitten

Just when I thought that maybe I would not have to be at the vet this month after having spent from March 07 - January 08 with my Sara getting treatments for her brain disease, now I have a sick kittie. Sara is great now but Rascal, my 8 month old kitten is not eating/drinking and was vomiting last night. I am praying that he is going to be o.k, his vet appt. is at 12:45, he has been sleeping on/off since last evening, I have moved him a few times, he wants to sleep on the doggie beds, Max (my male grey)barked at him this A.M., he knows something is wrong, he barked when Sara had seizures last year, please keep him in your prayers. He slept w/Sara last week, on her pillow, it was sooo cute, he is a grey wanna be.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest TankDiveGirl

i just went through this with my 7 month old kittah -- she was vomiting, lethargic, wouldn't eat or drink and just hung out by the water bowl.... It turned out that she had a string in her intestines. =o(

Soooo.... $2100 later, she's fine. She ended up having to have 3 inches of her intestines resected, but everything has been fine since, and she's doing great.

Hopefully it's not anything that serious!!

Good luck to you and your kitten!!

Jamie

Aw, my kitten Miles is about that age and I know how worried I'd be if he was sick. Glad your little one has an appt with the vet. Let us know how things go, if you have the change. Sending prayers and good thoughts for your kitty.

Edited by LBass

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Any updates on your little baby? Prayers that it's something not serious.

Just got back from the vets, he has a high temp, they are doing blood work but they think that it has all the signs of an abcess brewing somewhere, my husband is traveling this week, just called him and he informed me that Rascal was fighting with another cat a few days ago, can't see a puncture wound but my other kitty had similar symptoms and it was an abcess from a puncture wound. They hydrated him and sent me home w/antibiotics, he is sleeping again after giving him his meds and he ate a tiny bit, that is an improvement. I am waiting for results of blood work but I believe he will be o.k, the antibiotics should take affect after a few more doses. Thanks for the prayers and support it really helps!

Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Oh I am glad that the news is positive. I'll bet that the antibiotics will make a huge difference for your little one.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Sending prayers for a quick recovery. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

So glad to hear that your baby is feeling a little bit better. Please keep us posted on his progress.

Rascal is much better today, he is eating, drinking and chasing my other cat around the house, he wants to go out but mean mama won't let him, the antibiotics are working ! Thanks again for support and prayers! :

Guest jettcricket

Good news!!! It can be so stressful when our babies are not feeling well and they can't tell us where it hurts. So happy to hear that Rascal is feeling better. :)