Shelby - Update Post #44

Guest ShelbyzMom

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShelbyzMom
Good thoughts are coming your way. We also have one of our greys at the vet today for tests. It's been a VERY long day already, hasn't it?!?

It sure has, I called home for an update from DH. No answer, so he's either

1) Going to get Shelby (I hope its this one)

or 2) working outside

I leave in 45 minutes for lunch, hopefully I'll know something then. I hate to call and bug the vets office if he's actually on his way to get her :hope

I'm thinking good thoughts for Bonnie too :)

Guest ShelbyzMom

I went home for lunch and DH said that the vet's office told him to pick her up at 4:30. If they were done before that, they'd give him a call. That's all I know. I'll have to wait until I get out of work and he brings her home to get any more details. Waiting is the WORST.

Guest ShelbyzMom
any news yet?

I called the vet's office, DH was there to pick her up. He was waiting to talk to the vet. I just told her, well you know how men are with information :lol she laughed. I'll wait until I get home to see what she told him. They did tell me that if I had any questions to call them. She offered to have the vet call me. I'll see how much information is relayed to me when I get home. Hopefully I'll have a full update within the next hour. It depends on how backed up they were at the vet's and then traffic on the ride home :hope

Guest ShelbyzMom

Ok, DH came back with Shelby.

She has a UTI for starters, so she has meds for that. We also have prescription food for her. From what I gather, she had some crystals in her urine.

Her dental went well, they gave us an oral rinse and we're supposed to take her back in a week for a re-check. As far as I'm aware, the bloodwork came back good.

Her swelling, turns out that it's ligaments and some cartalidge. The vet gave us some more rimadyl and said that it's likely an old racing injury that's flaring up.

I'm calling the vet's office tomorrow for clarification incase DH missed something :lol

Thank you everyone for your positive thoughts today, I really appreciate it :grouphug

She's now sacked out on the couch resting

Edited by ShelbyzMom

So glad it's not the big C or anything serious! :yay Thank goodness! Give her a hug and kiss for us. Bonnie is home too, but we still don't know anything for sure.

Awwww...hug the pretty girl for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.