Arizona "zoe" Byrd

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Guest guinness_the_greyt

My parents got Zoe almost 11yrs ago... They named her Arizona because she was the color of the Arizona sunshine... We all ended up calling her Zoe. They soon discovered when she was a puppy that she had terrible hip dysplasia, and for the last 6 years she has had nearly no hips sockets at all.

We never thought she would make it the last 6 years of her life... She was quite a trooper.

She loved coming out here to Arizona in the winter... even better when it was just my Mom and Granny who came out... cuz she was the only one of the 3 labs who came out. And she got all the loving! :wub:

Zoe became terribly depressed last year when my Granny died while visiting me here in AZ... then shortly after we rehomed Granny's cat Chia with my friends... Chia was Zoe's best lil buddy...

Zoe also was madly in love with my bridge boy Harley... we would giggle about how she would make big moony eyes at him when I would come over to visit with him in tow. She would always get super excited when she saw me and then look around for Harley... She was always sorely disappointed if he wasn't with me... It was hard after he died when she would still look for him... I suppose she is making moony eyes at him in heaven now. :heart

Godspeed Zoe girl! You were very well loved!

Guest guinness_the_greyt

I should add... Zoe lost control of her bowels about 4 days ago... (my mom was a little bit in denial) Zoe did not know any longer when she had to go until it was way too late. The stool wasn't even loose. When my parents took her to the vet yesterday afternoon he determined it was a neurological issue (forget what he called it) He said it would only get much worse.

Since the accidents started to happen Zoe was terribly restless and unhappy. When she had an accident which either happened while laying on her dog bed or just walking across the room she would become panicked and hide. My parents never scolded her for it...

I talked about it with my Mom and we decided it was best to let Zoe go with dignity. :sad1 It was hard for my parents... and defintely on my Mom since Zoe was her dog... the other 2 labs are definitely my Dad's dogs... I wish I could have been there for my Mom when she put her down but I was still in bed when we talked since I work nights.

Zoe was a great dog! :inlove

I am so sorry. I can only imagine the reunion at the Bridge. My prayers and sympathy. :grouphug:f_pink Godspeed...

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest BlackandBrindle

Zoe sounds like quite the pup :wub:

I'm so sorry for the loss of such a special girl. Please let your mother know we are thinking of her.

Oh Amanda...you made me smile when you said Zoe made moonie eyes at Harley...can you just imagine when she came prissing across the bridge, Harley was right there rooing her on & I'll bet Dear & Pegasus were too. All these doggies to make moonie eyes at...and all the time in heaven!

I'm so sorry for your loss, but I appreciate the smile! :beatheart

Edited by Snowy8

I'm sorry for your family's loss. Harley & Zoe are probably having a good time together with your Gram. I hope that image of continuing love helps.

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!

Guest grey_dreams

Zoe sounds like a very special friend. At least she is no longer in pain. Hope she and Harley can hook up over there. Goodspeed little Zoe. :brokenheart