New To Greytalk

JackieDog

I also think you should contact the group. They need to know what happened to the dog--in part so that the person who gave you the dog has to be re-screened, etc. if they decide that they want a NEW dog and try and get one from the same group. There may have been good reasons they gave up on the dog, but the group has the right to know. If you're afraid they'll take the dog from you--I don't think you need to be. The group will no doubt be very happy to know the dog is safe and well!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Welcome from another Marylander! As a courtesy to the group, you may want to contact them. When you do, I suggest that you say that you are willing to fill out an application and have an interview, to reassure them that you do have a good home for the dog. That may go a long way toward reassuring them. Also send pictures of her in her new home!

Enjoy her! She's a lovely girl!

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wmlcml6

Ya'll are not going to believe this. Bill and I raised "Jackie". She is Mama Annie's sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We called her Katie Bear, and she was one of my husband's "special" girls. She was indeed a good racer - as well as a much loved puppy. Katie was adopted out by GAP, and it has always bothered us that we didn't know how she was doing.

Cathy, you are going to be getting a long winded email from me. I didn't have a digital camera back then, so I don't think I have puppy pics, but I have tons of Katie's ... sorry, Jackie's nieces and nephews. I will tell you what I know about her. I just realized this ... Jackie's mother Suntastic, and her Uncle Wally (Jp's Match Play) also live in Maryland!!!! I'll "introduce" you to their owner as soon as I tell her about this.

There is one other pup in the litter we don't know about, Mystic Sun a/k/a Freckles, so this gives me hope that someday we'll hear about him, too.

This is a wonderful gift you have just given us. If anyone gives you a hard time about your "Ellen Degeneres" dog, you let me know, okay?

~Cathie~

P.S. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen Annie in the exact sleeping position as in your picture above. These girls got their mama's personality and they have more character than most dogs you'll meet. You are a lucky lady. The only difference I can see right away is that Annie LOVES toys.

Edited by wmlcml6

Thanks for the update :). She is such a wonderful dog! I tried calling her Katie, but she didn't seem to notice too much.

I put another picture of her on the "cute things" section--she likes to put one of her paws behind her ear to sleep sometimes too.

I think she is starting to relax now. Today she 'found' the not-so-empty cereal bowls my sons left on the table (forgot to clear) and somehow they were both on the floor and clean as a whistle when we got home from the grocery store. All I did was say her name and boy did she ever look guilty..it was so cute! Who knows, maybe she will discover the toys--but for now her life seems to revolve around scratches and treats.

It would be fun to see if she could meet any relatives--I imagine she was with her littermates a long time and might even remember them. She is definitely not interested much in the other dogs in the neighborhood, but I wonder if she would be excited to see an old litter or kennel-mate?

Anyway, she is such a sweet thing, and we are grateful to have her!

Cathy

Blank 500 x 150.jpg
Suzie aka  CBJ Fly Sonic (b. 07 Feb 2015) and missing:
Homer aka Atoscocita Homer (05 Oct 2010- 16 Nov 2021)
Xena the Galgo aka Xene the Bean (? 2009- 6 Sep 2018)
Jackie aka Katie aka Sun Blaze (16 April 2001- 14 April 2014)

Guest greytelectric

I agree that you should contact the adoption group. But I can't imagine they would have a problem with this.

I have always had dobermans. And, while I love the breed, I now have two greyhounds and I wouldn't trade them for the world!

Welcome!

Guest enkibbleatrix

Greetings!

Our Monkey didn't care much for toys...until she found the squeaky one. Then she couldn't get enough. Now you have to be in another room when you take the stuffie out of the packaging or mend it, otherwise she will try to get it.