Fool Hearted Man

Greys4Us

Our precious Ford (Fool Hearted Man) crossed the bridge today. He turned nine on December 9. 2007. He started limping Thanksgiving evening. Multiple x-rays showed nothing bad but he kept getting worse. He saw a wonderful orthopedic vet who x-rayed him again and recommended that he have an MRI. We had that done a few days ago.

The MRI revealed that he had a synovial cell sarcoma in the joint which had begun to invade the lymph nodes in the leg. We only had one alternative---amputation of the leg, removal of the lymph nodes, and chemo. We took 24 hours to decide that we could not put him through the pain of surgery to give him an unspecified period of pain-free time added to his life. Within one week, his health had deteriorated and he was clearly in a lot of pain.

Ford was our "perfect" greyhound. He came to us six years ago as a foster and we could not give him up. We immediately fell in love with him. He has been the most wonderful, sweet natured animal that one could ask for. He was our official "meet and greet" dog because he loved people. He would go up to everyone, wag his tail, turn around and move into them and lean against them holding his leg up and looking up at them lovingly. It was a wonderful performance. I can't count the number of times that we could have adopted Ford!!!

He was our "lovebug". Our hearts are breaking at his loss. But we could not stand watching him suffer any longer.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest twilliams

We are so sorry. You and Bill are in our thoughts and prayers. Ford is free from pain now and will always have a very special place in your hearts. Randy, Teresa, Amy, & Goose. :grouphug

What a tough decision but in the end, you did the right thing for Ford. You gave him the best years of his life and that's what counts. Bless you.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I am so sorry. Godspeed Ford...there is no more cancer...no more pain at the Bridge sweetheart. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry. :f_yellow

Synovial Cell Sarcomas are nasty. I'm sorry they didn't find it before it spread to the lymph nodes.

Godspeed Ford. :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.