Six Years Ago

greypuppyluv

Six years ago today we lost Tinsel, my baby-girl, to cancer. I had found a lump on her throat and took her in to the vet. They aspirated it, but couldn't find what was causing it. It continued to grow, so we scheduled her for surgery the week before Christmas. How I wish I had scheduled the surgery for sometime after Christmas. December 18th, 2001, she went in, had the surgery, and things were looking ok. Then, the vet called me at work......Tinsel had crashed and they were trying to revive her. They were able to bring her back briefly, but she ended up losing the battle to live. She died before I could see her again :weep . The cancer ended up being thyroid cancer and the vet told me that it was a fast growing cancer......she probably didn't have much time left anyway. But, I just wish I could have had her with me during Christmas.

She came off the track right before Christmas 1992 and her group was named after the Christmas theme with Tinsel, Claus, Garland. We adopted her in May 1993 and she was my birthday present......the best damn birthday present I ever received :rolleyes: . Her name was so very fitting for her, so we kept it. She was my tall, shy, bunny-soft, beautiful baby-girl and I miss her every day. She and I started volunteering the month after we adopted her and have been doing so ever since. She helped many greyhounds find loving, forever homes......I still have people tell me to this day that they remember Tinsel and adopted their grey because of her :) .

I miss you........I will always love you, baby-girl

Tinselcurledonthecouch.jpg

Tinselscalendarphoto-revised.jpg

TinselinherBunnycostume.jpg

Tinselthefashionmodel2.jpg

TinselwithherChristmasstocking.jpg

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest argolola

May God bless you in a special way.

Actually, I was looking at Tinsel's picture this morning. I had saved her pic on my work computer because she was so precious and adorable. My slide show came on this morning and there she was with her stocking. Maybe she wanted me to give you that message on this December 18th.

We will never forget Tinsel.

Willow was also part of that same Grey group that came off the track along with Tinsel.

We adopted Willow Grey Dec 29, 1992. She was called Jillian.

Willow died Oct 01,2001

Tinsel and Willow got along greyt, right from the start.

Now,Tinsel and Willow are at the rainbow bridge together.

I sure understand your sorrow.

My heart aches for you, Paula. :brokenheart They take a piece of our heart with them... :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Thank you, everyone. Losing Tinsel was always so hard on me since I didn't get to be there when she passed away. I didn't get to say goodbye or kiss her one last time. And, losing her at Christmas was the hardest since she was my "Christmas girl". I'm just thankful that Chevy picked out such a wonderful girl to grace our lives.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound