Eight Years Ago My Heart Shattered

MP_the4pack

Dang, the tears have started even before I got to write this:

When I adopted my two greyhounds (May 1995 and April 1996) I thought I'd get to have them in my life for at least 10 years......they were both only 2 1/2 at the time of adoption.

What a shock it was when only 3 years later my beloved, white and black clown died on me. Topaz was 5 days away from her 6th birthday and 9 days away from Christmas. Five year old dogs don't die. They are just starting to live. Just starting to have fun. Just starting to........

She died.

One month earlier she was diagnosed with liver disease and I was told she had about a year to live. They reinforced that prognosis just 4 days before she died.

She was such a clown. Her left ear sat on top of her head making it look like she was always in a crosswind.

She would playbow for a butt scritch. One day we walked down the hall from the bedroom to the den. Not a long hall. She bowed, I scritched the butt. She took a step and bowed, I scritched her butt, she took a step and bowed, I scritched her butt. Must have taken 10 minutes to walk down that 12 foot hallway.

Another time I came home and neither dog greeted me at the door. Why? They were both stuck outside. Topaz tried to get her teddybear out the dog door and it got stuck. Heaven knows how long they were out there.

There was a huge field that a farmer planted wheat in....it was an enclosed field, so safe for her to go off leash. The wheat was taller than her, but that didn't stop her from leaping up and clearing the wheat. She started to do that because she thought she heard critters. But when she realized that she got me laughing, she started to do it just for me. Luckily I got pix of that. But no video. My friend with the video camera forgot to charge the battery.

Here she is looking at me in the wheat field

Topaz2.jpg

Leaping in the wheat field. That "spot" is Brindle. My first greyhound that I lost exactly 1 year and 11 months later. The both died on the 16th of the month. She's just walking in the field.

Topbri1.jpg

Oh babies......no matter how much time goes by, I still miss you.

Topaz and Brindle, forever in my heart.

:grouphug I don't know how any of us would get through our loss~if it weren't for the sweet memories. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.