Wrapping Ss Gifts

Guest KatieGrey

Guest KatieGrey

I haven't mailed out a Christmas gift in a long time and I know things have changed in the post office, so I thought I'd ask. Can I wrap up my SS gifts and put them in an unwrapped box? I'm worried they might open the box and unwrap them anyways, so I don't want to wrap them if that's the case.

The USPS doesn't open your packages and unwrap gifts. :blink:

I put my all of SS gifts into one box, wrapped it, and then wrapped in brown shipping paper.

One of the SS gifts I received was in an unwrapped box, all gifts were individually wrapped inside.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

I don't wrap things sent out of the US, but if it's staying in the states, I'll wrap 'em up. :) As far as I know USPS has never opened any of my packages.

I once received a SS package from Canada and every gift inside had been opened in customs. I felt bad, since the sender had gone to such trouble to wrap them prettily. :(

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest KatieGrey
I don't wrap things sent out of the US, but if it's staying in the states, I'll wrap 'em up. :) As far as I know USPS has never opened any of my packages.

I once received a SS package from Canada and every gift inside had been opened in customs. I felt bad, since the sender had gone to such trouble to wrap them prettily. :(

Ok, I think I was confusing it with international shipping! Thanks for the clarification! I just never mail gifts, so I couldn't remember at all!

Guest BlackandBrindle

I wrapped some, but not others figuring at least there are some 'surprises'... If I'd wrapped all of them, I couldn't fit them in the flat rate box :lol

Guest junefour

I sent two of my SS packages to Canada and they opened the box. I wrapped in clear cello paper and tried to make it festive but didn't wrap as I was worried customs wouldn't be careful with the packages.

Guest fountainpengwen

My apologies to my out-of-the-country SS if customs opens all your nicely-wrapped packages. :lol Maybe I should've thought this through...

I barely even wrap gifts for my family, since I am awful at it, and my definition of wrapping is rolling it around with wrapping paper and taping it where ever it gapes open. I don't want to put my SS through that.

Guest greyhound_bug

I wrapped MOST of the presents but not all of them just 'cause then they wouldn't fit in the box :rolleyes: . I also wrapped the box in gift wrap and then wrapped it again in brown shipping paper. In previous years, I've wrapped everything insde and to my knowledge, customs didn't open anything up (shipping overseas or to the US).

Jilly's from England are all individually wrapped. Customs didn't open anything and neither have we yet but it's about killing us.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

All of my secret santa gifts are wrapped and in their box. I'm waiting for two more gifts from New Jersey -- and, then I can mail them off -- hopefully, Monday.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest LazyBones

yep, i am pretty much wrapping everything, because i like doing it. i am waiting on one thing to arrive in the mail so i can wrap that too, then i will mail the package off. hopefully that something will arrive soon, but then, i should have ordered that sooner. :blush

Any I send out from England have been individually wrapped, boxed, box Christmas wrapped then over-wrapped in brown paper. None have ever been opened and all arrived safely in the USA. I just think individual wrapping is more fun for the recipient.

Sue from England