Ginny Got A Booboo

Guest greybookends

Guest greybookends

With all the devastating illnesses and losses this month this sounds so minor, but it is never minor when it is your baby. Ginny somehow at some point today ripped out one of her toenails. I never heard her cry or anything so I didn't even notice it till dinner time. She didn't come running when I called her. I found her in the crate. I didn't think anything about it as she likes to lay in it from time to time. When she started to eat her dinner I saw one of her toenails hanging out to the side of her foot. She ate half her dinner but didn't finish. I cleaned the toe and I don't think it is broke she let me handle it and only whined just a little bit once or twice. I thought maybe if it was off enough I could take it the rest of the way off but I was wrong. So I cleaned it wrapped it , gave her a couple of aspirin for pain and will take her to the vet in the morning. She clearly doesn't feel good as she is just laying around. So everybody send her a kiss for her booboo and I will let you know what the vet says tomorrow.

DSC03618.jpg

I haven't been to the vet in a couple of weeks. I bet they miss me or at the very least think I don't love them anymore. :rolleyes:

Edited by greybookends

Sending smoochies and cuddles galore. No fun having a boo boo. Hope she is feeling better soon.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:star for you & :balloonparty for Ginny

Snowy pulled out one of her nails at the bone! Dr Blackburn just went ahead & took everything in there out...and its the same foot...is Ginny trying to be like Snowy? :hehe

Ginny- Hope you feel better soon- :wub: Maddie (the other barker)

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2 <------for Miss Ginny

:grouphug:grouphug <------for you :)

How about I give ya'll another dose of that TLC?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh sweetie pie...feel better soon. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greybookends

I with held breakfast this morning just in case and it didn't even phase her. She is not herself. So I would say it definitely hurts. She has picked at the wrapping a little but for the most part has left it alone and only gives me a minor stink eye when I catch her nibbling at it and tell her to stop. I changed the wrapping and she is being such a good girl. No screaming or trying to bite when I mess with it. Waiting for the vet to open seams to take forever when your baby is hurting. I promised her a cheeseburger after we go to the vet this morning to make up for not feeding her this morning. I still don't think the toe is broke but we will let the vet determine that. I will let you know as soon as we get back from the vet. Poor thing, Monty couldn't even interest her in their usual round of morning bitey face, so instead he is just laying next to her quietly.

Guest DoofBert

Dear Ginny,

I hope you are feeling better soon... You must have some really fashionista nurses at your vet...Nice Wild Girl Pink Bandage!

Lubs,

Tania,

your gwasshoppa

Edited by DoofBert

Guest greybookends
Dear Ginny,

I hope you are feeling better soon... You must have some really fashionista nurses at your vet...Nice Wild Girl Pink Bandage!

Lubs,

Tania,

your gwasshoppa

I haven't ben to the vet yet. Momma sez we r going shortly. Momma rapped my foot and she alwayz haz the rite color rap for all of us. Momma sed that win we leeve the vet I can hav a cheezberger.

Ginny

Guest greybookends

Well we're back. Just as I suspected it isn't broken but the vet did have to take the entire toenail off. He said it might grow back it might not and if it does there is no way of telling how it will come back we will just have to wait and see. He gave her a shot of antibiotics and some pain meds and sent me home with Antirobe and Rimadyl. He said to keep it covered till Friday and after that just when she's in the yard so that the wound doesn't get dirty and infected. He said she was running a slight temperature so to make sure to keep it clean so it doesn't get infected. I got her a cheeseburger on the way home and she picked at it . she didn't want the bread just the meat and cheese. Hopeffully once the Rimadyl and antibiotics kick in she will be back to normal.

:kiss2 feel better soon sweetheart

I haven't been to the vet in a couple of weeks. I bet they miss me or at the very least think I don't love them anymore. :rolleyes:

:laughitup:lol:rotfl I know how that feels :lol