Marla, My Black Velvet Girlie

ZoomDoggy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aimee,

I have been waiting for your post here so that I could offer my condolences. I followed your entire thread in health & medical, but the post was locked already when I read of your loss. I truly am sorry, 10 months certainly isn't enough, but I hope you can find comfort in the fact that she was lucky enough to be totally loved by not one, but two families thanks to you. Hoping you soon have only fond memories of your sweet girl.

Jen

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Ten months isn't long enough for us, but it's long enough for a pup to be loved and know he or she is loved.

I'm so sorry.

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound

I brought Marla's ashes home last night. I thought that would make it seem more real. But truthfully it still just doesn't seem to have completely sunk in. We're pupsitting two hounds for friends right now. One is a glossy black female. I keep calling her Marla by mistake. I even called her Chancy once... :cry1

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest MomoftheFuzzy
I brought Marla's ashes home last night. I thought that would make it seem more real. But truthfully it still just doesn't seem to have completely sunk in. We're pupsitting two hounds for friends right now. One is a glossy black female. I keep calling her Marla by mistake. I even called her Chancy once... :cry1

Oh Aimee... :grouphug I understand.

:heart

Aimee-

I am in tears right now, reading the tribute and all of the kind words from friends.

I know how you feel right now, as I look at Gypsy's urn everyday and then glance lovingly towards her"spot", but you know the rest...

So much love in my world because of my greys, so much that I'm greytful for.

Prayers that you will find peace-

Run free, sweetie Marla velvet girlie! :gh_run2:paw:heart

Lisa

Guest VaGreymom

What a beautiful tribute. Marla was so lucky to have you in for the last months of her life. She will always be with you in your heart.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I am so very sorry . Just know she is "Somewhere Over The Rainbow," running with the best. May all those beautiful memories comfort you at this time.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I cannot say thank you enough to all the wonderful people who have been moved by my beautiful little Marla to say such kind things. We still miss our little velvet-girl every day. We still miss Chancy and Sissy every day. That never goes away, as many of you know. But it does become more bearable over time.

We are looking to adopt another little girlie very soon. I know some folks may see that as odd or "too soon," but it feels right to us. It feels right for Tipper to have a companion. It feels right to have another happy little face to greet us in the mornings or at the door when we come home. And I believe Marla would approve of our choice. She was never a possessive girlie. :wub: And I feel we all could use a little happiness right about now.

~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest LolasMom
We are looking to adopt another little girlie very soon. I know some folks may see that as odd or "too soon," but it feels right to us. It feels right for Tipper to have a companion. It feels right to have another happy little face to greet us in the mornings or at the door when we come home. And I believe Marla would approve of our choice. She was never a possessive girlie. :wub: And I feel we all could use a little happiness right about now.

Amen :wub:

Bad morning. It's been four weeks today since I had to let my little Marla go. When I got dressed today, I pulled a sweater out of the cedar chest and didn't realize until I got to work that it was the sweater I wore when I took Marla to the vet the day she died. I hadn't washed it since then, and there are still a few little black-velvet hairs embedded in the knit.

I miss my little wipey-face who loved having her eyeballs rubbed. My soft soft sweet little girlie with the dainty little paws... :cry1

{{{{{{{{{{Aimee}}}}}}}}}}

How well you loved her.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.