Best Prices For Supplements

Guest DoofBert

Guest DoofBert

Wondering where you folks buyyour supplements. Vet suggests the senior members of Pocono Black Pack should start on glucosamine/chondrotin/MSN... We purchased an initial supply of Chonro Flex fromour Vet, but need to look for better prices.

(Saw the same items on Entirely Pets for $29.99

Any ideas?

Thanks

www.springtimeinc.com

Jayne- try this site, Diane (burpdog) turned me on to it.

I just placed an order last night.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Greyhound Gang. 100% pure, human grade quality and you help the hounds as well. Shipping is usually the same day as ordered. I have been a loyal customer for over 5 years. All three of mine get glucosamine and MSM.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

My dogs get supplements from regular pharmacies, not dog specific stuff. Recently we have been trying Costco's supplements (fish oil and glucosamine/chondroitin).

I am biased, but here is some more info when you're making your decision. :)Greyhound Gang has this info and more, including unsolicited testimonials at - Get Up & Go Testmonials

1. Not all supplements are created equal. You want to make sure you are getting a high quality product. In my opinion, supplements from grocery stores, warehouses can be suspect. Not all, but some. If your dog has arthritis, and the glucosamine/chondroitin product is not working well, and you are giving the correct dose - try a different product.

2. Supplements are the same for hounds or humans. There are not separate manufacturing plants, just separate packaging. If you buy supplements to give to your hounds that are packaged for humans, read the labels closely, as they will tell you what 'extra' ingredients are in it. It could well be something not good or necessary for a dog.

3. Glucosamine and MSM are not expensive. Chondroitin is. A 60-day supply of Get Up & Go Glucosamine is only $14.95. MSM is only $12.95. That's 1500 - 2000 mg a day for 60 days for a dog - or human. Compare that to other products, if price is an issue.

4. a greyhound needs the same dose as a human - 1500 mgs of Glucosamine, 1500 mgs of MSM, and 1500 mgs of Chondroitin for a change to usually occur. That is the proper dose. If you buy capsules, like Cosequin, you need to give from 3- 6 capsules to give the correct dose.

5. Every dog is an individual, as is their situation. You need to try supplements to see if they will work. From my experiences, joint supplements can help hounds a lot.

Hope this helps.

Always happy to answer questions.

claudia

Greyhound Gang

Claudia & Greyhound Gang
100% Helps Hounds

GIG Bound!

Joint Health from Springtime is a good supplement. I use it along with Fresh Factors. I've used their products for 9+ years.

Springtime

That is EXACTLY what I bought last night!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project