Bone Cancer?

Guest odiesmom

Guest greysonly

Sending prayers your way. My Vinnie was only 4 when he was diagnosed with it. I know what you are going through. Unfortunately a lot of us on here know what you are going through. :(

Guest tennesseegrey

My Rosie was recently diagnosed with Ostosarcoma as well. The bone biopsy confirmed it and it was devastating at the time. 1 week after her first chemo treatment (which she tolerated very well) she was climbing the stairs in my home and broke her leg. I knew what I had to do and had it amputated the next business day. She's been without her leg for 3 weeks and is doing great!! She's had her second round of chemo and is already running in my back yard and begs to go for walks, which are brief. Her chest is clear of tumors and I'm praying for lots more time to spend with her. But regardless of the time remaining, I wouldn't change a thing. The first week post amputation was the toughest with her depression and adjustment, but after 1 week, she was wagging her tail again. They really don't miss that leg at all, should you decide to amputate. My prayers are with you and Odie. Joy

so many prayers are coming your way for you and Odie. I have been there too. It is a huge blow like you have been hit by a huge mac track. Remember, they live in the moment. Prayers for wisdom, strength and patience in the days and weeks that are ahead. Love him and make every moment count. Please contact OSU.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Major prayers, love and hope sent your way.

Please contact Dr. Couto. He will help you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Just remember that greys do very well as

They even do well as

Dogs live in the present. They don't dwell on the past and don't think about the future. As you can see in the videos, they don't see missing a leg, or two, as a handicap, only we do.

They play the hand that's dealt them way better than humans do.

Dick

Guest greyhounder

OMG you're living our worst nightmare.. It breaks my heart that Odie is so young.. Cancer is the most evil thing that has ever existed.. :weep:hope

Hi--

This is my first posting on here. I just joined after hearing about it from a friend. I hate to start my first day off with such gloom news..

I adopted "Odie" last Christmas. Odie raced about 38 races and then went to the adoption agency which he stayed for quite awhile (sadly)... I cannot understand why noone had adopted him before me. I always say he was waiting for me..

Well anyways life with Odie is greyt. He was very shy when I got him and I was worried he would not bond with me. I couldn't have been more wrong. He has bonded with me very well and is the sweetest soul in a dog I have ever seen. I love him dearly. Odie is only 4...

He has been limping for over 2 weeks now. I took him to his normal vet and they could not see anything physically wrong and sent us home with pain pill for him and strict instructions for couch rest for a week. Now that was not easy!!!!

Well he is still limping. So I decided to take him to a different vet after a recommendation from Odie's kennel keeper at the Adoption agency to a doctor that is very well education in the breed. He pinpointed Odie exact spot of pain within 7 minutes of meeting us. Unfortuntely he thinks Odie has bone cancer. I feel devastated!!! I take him back tomorrow so they can do a full x-ray of his leg. I am praying for good news.

Does anyone know the percentage of Greys that get bone cancer?? And at such a young age??

Does anyone know the success rate??

Please say a prayer for my guy. I hope next time I log on I have better news to report....

Odie's Mom

When I got my first Grey I was told that there were no illnesses that were common in greyhounds, but Osteo has reared its ugly head far more than I care to think in people's hounds that I know...Odie's so young and it's just not fair, just DON'T give up your hope until you know for sure. :o) Hugs & prayers sent your way...be strong, Odie!