Liver/spleen Cancer

Guest greymom1997

Sending prayers for Phillie. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greymom1997

More updates on Phillie...

His appetite is returning full force. He ate this morning and even wanted more. His last two stools have been normal where they have been sort of like lumpy mashed potatoes (sorry for the graphic description). His belly doesn't seem to be as distended either... it's not normal but it doesn't seem as full... His attitude seems to be more perky too.

The vet doesn't seem to be too worried that he won't live until Tuesday. If it were extremely dire I trust that my vet would refer me elsewhere. They have experience with greys and I have several friends that have gone to them for over 20 yrs.

I'll continue to keep posting updates, please continue to give me any ideas or thoughts. I really appreciate them immensely.

Donna

P.S. Phillie sends lots of greyt kisses to everyone out there who has prayed for him... He's such a sweet, gentle boy. I wish you all could meet him. He's VERY special to me and I thank you for all the help!

Guest greytexplorer

Glad to hear Phillie is feeling better, and eating normally.

I'd go to Tufts today. With or without my vet's knowledge/permission.

Guest SoulsMom
Glad to hear Phillie is feeling better, and eating normally.

I'd go to Tufts today. With or without my vet's knowledge/permission.

:nod I've heard they are really good there . . .I know my vet wouldn't have a problem with it.

Good to hear he's doing better :thumbs-up

Sending prayers and kissies and gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greymom1997
Donna, how are you and Phillie doing today?

Sending lots of hugs and hope. :grouphug:hope:grouphug

Monday update on Phillie...

We had a good weekend. Phillie had a marrow bone that he thoroughly enjoyed. Even growled at AJ when he came near. He's still eating normally... actually wants food.. is totally interested in treats and anything else either he or AJ can steal or guilt into getting!

His stool has been ok and his tummy is still distended, but he seems to be in good spirits. Last night was a sleepless night for some reason, but as the sun came up he was ok again.

Tomorrow is the ultrasound... fingers crossed for those results. We'll know more after that... Hopefully it will be good news.

Donna

Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending prayers for Phillie. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest odiesmom

Donna,

So sorry to hear of the news. I hope you have since found out better news. I understand how you feel.

My Odie who is only 4 and who I have only had for 9 months might have bone cancer. I am devasted.

I am still in shock. The next step for me is a biopsy. All I know is he I will not have him suffer. I want

to do everything for him but will do anything out of selfishness for myself. I have to think of him first.

I am scared too and am here for you if you want to talk. I am scared too. Please keep me posted..

Guest Winterwish

Sending good thoughts out for Phillie's sonogram today. Hopefully it'll show a way Phillie can be helped without too much difficulty fo him. :dogcookie:hope:hope

Edited by Winterwish

Guest vahoundlover
Sending good thoughts out for Phillie's sonogram today. Hopefully it'll show a way Phillie can be helped without too much difficulty fo him. :dogcookie:hope:hope

Me too :hope:hope