Good Thoughts For Hogan Please?

fritofeet

Any news from the vet before they closed? Hopefully you have (treatable) answers. :)

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Well, I have been on the phone all morning with my vet and the neurologist.

Hogan's bloodwork came back "fairly" normal. :rolleyes: The results say that he doesn't have a metabolic disorder.

The neurologist and my vet agree that if the seizure behavior continues that it is most likely he has a growth or lesion affecting his brain-but since discontinuing his thyroid meds he seems like his usual red clown self. If this is the case, there really isn't a whole lot we can do for him.

The neurologist also thinks it is possible that he had a sinus infection that was putting pressure on his little red brain. He was having yellow discharge from one eye unlike the normal gunk that comes out. He DOES agree with me that Hogan's allergies aren't neurological scratching, because he is responding to benedryl again. So he thinks it is possible that between his bad reaction the the Temeril P, and then his allergic reaction to the anesthesia, his allergic reaction to the pain pills and now his allergic reaction to something in the thyroid meds that we probably don't want to medicate him with anything if possible beyond Omega Fatty acids and antihistamines.

The vet suggested again the Atopica, but with Hogan's history of weird reactions, I'm not very excited by the possibility.

So, I am hoping there is no more of these episodes. He's been very much my dog the last couple of days, and even though he's itchy-he's back to his sweet self. Except for the fly chasing.... :P Lucy and Diesel are back to being needy and in Hogan's space again, so I guess I need to pay better attention to how they respond to him. Hello Mom, we've been trying to tell you he's CRAZY!

I appreciate all the good thoughts, and so does Hogan. I guess we will take it one day at a time.

Go hug your hounds please. :D

Guest Tenderhearts
Lucy and Diesel are back to being needy and in Hogan's space again, so I guess I need to pay better attention to how they respond to him. Hello Mom, we've been trying to tell you he's CRAZY!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Thanks for the update on my favorite red non-grey! Hugs to you, and kisses for Hogan! :grouphug:kiss2