Dr Guillermo Couto

Guest 4baddogs

Guest 4baddogs

This may have been posted already, so please forgive me if I'm repeating this. I also didn't know exactly which forum this should go under.

Tomorrow (September 22) is the annual Going Home Greyhound reunion. GHG is honored to have Dr. Couto as our guest speaker and I believe his lecture will be from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. If anyone is interested that's not already going, the reunion/picnic is at the Lodge in North Park.

Have fun! You are going to love his talk.

I'm heading to Ohio today and will visit OSU on Monday to give him the Miss Nellie Auction cheque, it's a biggie!

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest coastersbysteve

I'm heading to Ohio today and will visit OSU on Monday to give him the Miss Nellie Auction cheque, it's a biggie!

Jazz will be there wearing Miss Nellies Greytalk Greyhound bandana...

1374955818_679525724f.jpg

-Jazz & Steve

edited for spelling...

Edited by coastersbysteve

Guest 4baddogs

I'll look for Jazz and the Nellie bandana - that shouldn't be too hard to spot! The pink GHG shirt may be a little more difficult :P

Me? I have more curly red hair than God ever gave another person, so I'm hard to miss. Although I just got about 8-inches of it chopped off two days ago, but there's still a lot of it.....

I've always been in charge of the auction with Angie626 and this is the first year ever I've been able to just show up and enjoy myself. Hope to see y'all there - I can't wait!

Hug him for us! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest 4baddogs

I've heard many lectures in my life but today surpassed everything ~ Dr. Couto is phenomenal! <tiny voice>plus he's kinda cute!</tiny voice> :lol

Here are a few pictures from today. Sorry, but for the life of me I could NOT post the pictures directly nor get them to load to my album here.

Dr. Couto during his lecture

Dr. Couto answering questions

This slide indicates the different kinds of cancer in greys - the blue piece is osteo

This slide shows cancer deaths in dog breeds - the orange bar indicates greyhounds

I thought y'all would like to see who was at the top of the "Thanks To" list :)

He is amazing! Last year I went to his lecture in @ Dewey, let me tell you he made sure he went up to every hound in the room and loved on them and that was before his lecture even started! Dr. C and his staff are so dam special, the greyhound community are so blessed to have them all!

Praying for all the missing greys!

For a man that I've never met.........I sure adore him!

I've never heard his personal story........where he is from & why he loves GH's so much etc. Could someone share this info?

Foxysmom.......please give him a HUGE hug from all of us!

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

For a man that I've never met.........I sure adore him!

I've never heard his personal story........where he is from & why he loves GH's so much etc. Could someone share this info?

Foxysmom.......please give him a HUGE hug from all of us!

I only know that he's from Argentina. He has retired racers and a galgo that was saved from a hanging in Spain (or perhaps from a well? I can't remember). I think he's just got a great big heart to match that great big brain :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire