Sunburn?

rschultz

well, I don't know why the angry face, but yes, they can get sunburned. I hope she has shade available if she's out all day.

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest smarthound

Yes, greyhounds can sunburn, especiallly those with thin coats and/or light hair. You should probably call your vet and ask if they can recommend a lotion (maybe something with aloe).

Drs. Foster and Smith website has an article about sunburn Sunburn for further info.

ETA another link about sunburn with suggestions for how to treat it. Sunburn in pets

Edited by smarthound

Yes, any animal with a thin coat or light colored hair can get sunburned. My Paint mare's white nose gets burnt unless I put sunblock on it.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

wow,

i never knew they could get burned. i never had a dog who wanted to stay outside so much...lol.. took forever to get her to stay out when we got her 2 months ago, now i can't get her back in...lol. the icon face wasnt cause i was mad, i used it cause it was red like sunburn...lol

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

wow,

i never knew they could get burned. i never had a dog who wanted to stay outside so much...lol.. took forever to get her to stay out when we got her 2 months ago, now i can't get her back in...lol. the icon face wasnt cause i was mad, i used it cause it was red like sunburn...lol

:lol oh, thanks for clearing that up

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Absolutely it can be sunburn. I bought sunscreen made for dogs espeically for Beau (he has a lot of white) and the bald spots on Teddy's butt!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project