Thyroid Meds

Remolacha

OK, Sugar's blood test are back, no TBD, no Valley Fever, but very low thyroid. So we have started her on thyroid meds. How soon can I expect to see an improvement? I am not the most patient person on the planet, I want to see her better NOW! Also, what, generally can I expect? Thanks!

To answer your question, with Red we saw a bit of an improvment after a couple of months. He was much better the third month. I take the same stuff and it takes a while to build and then level off (that's what it feels like to me) .Red didn't even hit the bottom of the chart. Now he's fine but it did take awhile :)

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

I don't remember which thyroid med, it's at home, but I'm pretty sure it is .4 mg(?) twice a day. She goes back for re-testing in two weeks.

As far as I know, she has been in AZ all her life. I got her when she was 7 (she will be 12 in Dec), and was told she had been a broodie, one litter, after retirement. Even at 7, her ear tattoos were badly faded, and I could never match her to any combo I found in the database. I don't know her racing name, I am beginning to suspect she raced mostly in Tucson, or possibly in Apache Junction, I'm not sure when that track closed (before my grey days).

I'm not sure what TBDs were tested for, I can ask the vet. She is taking a round of doxy just for good measure.

Our schnauzer is on thyroid meds. We saw a difference within DAYS and she immediately started losing weight. Within a month, she was an entirely different dog - acting about 5 years younger! Her illness was discovered at the time she had a surgery from which she was having healing trouble. We had to take her into the vet every other day for weeks for bandage changes. She started out at 26.1 lbs. and got down to about 20 pounds wihtin a few weeks. It was dramatic and awesome! Now, keep in mind, Jett had NO Free T4 in her blood. NONE! So, she was a pretty severe case.

Chloe, the once spook prior to meds is hypothyroid and is on .5 mg 1.5 x a day of Soloxone. Her thyroid was way way way low. We did have the complete panel done. Within a week we saw improvements in her behavior.

Now, she is just a fun loving silly girl with us. With the outside world, she is more reserved.

Chloe, the once spook prior to meds is hypothyroid and is on .5 mg 1.5 x a day of Soloxone. Her thyroid was way way way low. We did have the complete panel done. Within a week we saw improvements in her behavior.

Now, she is just a fun loving silly girl with us. With the outside world, she is more reserved.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

And some more thyroid stuff, scroll down to page 3: http://animalhealth.msu.edu/News/March07.pdf

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.