Time To Digest Dinner?

Guest DoofBert

Guest DoofBert

Tania had her dinner about 6:30 pm last evening.....this morning, after a romp in the yard (normal activity) she retreated back to the bed room.....did not come to kitchen for breakfast (not usual activity -- she's usually at my feet.) Fed the other three and went to see what Tania was doing.....she was puking up last night's dinner! It was not yet digested...still identifiable kibble chunks.

Is this normal?

I'll be taking her to vets this morning....but was wondering if anyone had any ideas here.

Guest DoofBert
Trying to remember, but I think it's suppose to move through the stomach in 5-6 hours. I have had happen what you mention. For some reason it didn't move on through. No chance she ate something she shouldn't have, is there?

We had RMB's last night.....but nothing unusual for us. Was thinking maybe she refused breakfast cause she wanted more RMBs? With Tania who knows.....

Just found this page that says could take 7 to 10 hours.......http://www.petshealth.com/dr_library/digestdistdogs.html

I hate waiting for vets office to open.....

Edited by DoofBert

I have had this happen in the past....the food just seems to sit in their stomach and not digest...then they bring it all back up. When it happened to my pups it was not due to any blockage and they were all better within 24 hours. I would just keep any eye on her, if she seems to go back to normal then all well and good, if not then it's a trip to the vet.

Hope she's feeling much better soon.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

The corn-in corn-out observance shows our dogs move it through in about 7 hours time.

Hope your Tania is OK.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest DoofBert

Spoke to the vet's office. They confirmed this has been known to happen.... prescirbed bland diet and suggested we watch her...if she can't keep the chicken and rice down, then bring her in!

She had small portion of chicken and rice about 10 mins ago.

I'm working at home today so I can keep an eye on her, but she's having a normal morning otherwise.

Thanks

Feel better soon Tania. :) Hugs from Fenway, who also does not feel good right now.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest greybookends

Tania please feel better soon. :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Tania feel bedder soon or yu momma iz gonna take yu to da vet n dat iz no fun grasshoppa.

Ginny

Guest DoofBert
Tania please feel better soon. :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Tania feel bedder soon or yu momma iz gonna take yu to da vet n dat iz no fun grasshoppa.

Ginny

Deer Ginny,

I'm feeling better now....Momma made some chicken and rice....it was yummy...I gave a big SDB, extra stinky.... then... ... to show her that I was feeling better I made a nice big pile of poo in front of the fireplace. See, iffen I did it outside, she might not have seen how 'good' it was.... ( So, no vet for me today... although I think Dr. Wayne is kinda cute... he gets on the floor to wrestle with me.)

Anyways, it's a rainy kind of lazy day. I'm gonna grab me some stuffies and go lay down.

Ur Grasshappa,

Tania

Edited by DoofBert