Rascal Is Going In For Surgery Today - Update 3

3pm, another quick update :colgate

Rascal pulled a stitch out, that's why the bleeding thru the bandages. quick vet visit (2 hours!) and 2 new wraps, and we are home again, safe and sound. Let's hope these hold, and everything heals fine from here on out!!!

Everyone loves him at the vet office, they know him by name and he waggs his tail, but still looks at me like ,, oh, mom, don't leave me here! Goofy boy! :P

10:30am

Rascal's incision site is bleeding thru the bandages. I'm not toooooo worried since the site is under the toes, and he is walking on the foot,, however, being the mom who "thinks" she can bandage wounds better than the techs can :blush , I called the vet and he wants to re-bandage, and try to stop the bleeding. Rascal does not have cloting issues, so I think it's just the irritation of walking, stitches etc..

Rascal is SUCH A GOOD BOY! He lets me help him, manover him, re-settle him (if I think he looks uncomfortable) I'm not a control freak, just ,, well,, ok maybe I am alittle :rolleyes: and he just looks at me with love in his big brown eye,, "whatever you want mom, i'm good!" I love my big black dog!

more later

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

UPDATE: 8/14/07

Thanks for all of your prayers and good thoughts!

Got home late yesterday, and was pretty surprised to see him in full leg wraps again. I thought surgery on the foot area would have a foot bandage,, well these suckers go all the way up to his knees! :blink:

aside from that, the operation went well! and the vet thinks the tendon release will give Rascal so much better mobility. The incsision site is under the toes, that skin is so thin and such a tight little area. I hope it heals well!!!

He also took out a couple of little growths that he thought looked "suspiscious" , they are going in for analsys. Rascal got his teeth cleaned (for a 9yr old, his teeth are greyt! :colgate )

Rascal slept well all night after figuring out the right way to lay in the big oversized bean bag, his favorite place to sleep! :P and he is walking around all on his own.

**************************************************************************************************I am getting Rascal ready for surgery today. He is begging for some breakfast (they all are, but I don't want to feed the others with rascal standing there watching, so the everyone must wait until I get back).

This is a, cross-your-fingers, and hope it works, kind of surgery.

Last year he ruptured both Achilles tendons and had 2 reconstruction surgeries, and weeks of both back legs in hard casts, and then long and painful rehabilitation. He is a champ and came thru a happy, spoiled boy!!! :P

He never regained full use of his right foot, The tendons healed too short and tight, so the toes are all scrunched up and starting to deform from trying to walk on it funny.

Today, the surgeon will cut the tendons under his foot going to the toes, to release them from the tight control they are in now. We hope that this will let his foot fall flat when he walks. His toes could splay out some (a lot) although this "should" be better than what he is currently living with. Rascal is almost a tri-pod, when he is not wearing his thera-paw. He will not put the foot on any hard surface.

Thanks for thinking of us today! Rascal is my 9 1/2yr black boy, who is a smiler and a charmer! Nothing keeps him down or from wagging his tail, he is my perpetually HAPPY boy!!!

Edited by 3DogNite

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Prayers for an easy surgery and superior results!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending lots of hugs and good wishes Rascal's way :grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Checking in and hoping all has gone well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending my many prayers and checking for an update. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

update post 1,,

Thanks for all the prayers,, They really do work!!!

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

another update , post 1

one more update,, at least for today :D

Sending many prayers and healing hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.