Concern After A Vet Visit

Guest jessicaksu125

Guest Tenderhearts
The only remark my vets have made about them is that they love to examine greyhounds because 'you can feel everything!' :lol

My vet says the same thing! :lol :lol

Guest jessicaksu125

Got an appointment with a new vet next week. They say they've treated greys before... if anything it's about 2 blocks from me!

Guest EmbersDad
First of all, :bighug Second,how are Gigi's teeth? Are her gums red, or funky breath? Inflammation in the mouth can cause swollen lymph nodes in the neck.

aye, doctor g told me the same thing when she checked ember yesterday for her cut foot. her lymph nodes were swollen and she said it was most likely due to gingivitis, time to get serious about the turkey necks!

The first vet sounds rather dismissive, hope the new one will be more thorough. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Tigonie

Good luck on the new vet!

My one additional thought: Emma at one point had a cyst on her chest, and they recommended that I get out a ruler, place it next to the cyst, and periodically measure it. I actually went so far as to photograph it--if you have one, a digital camera is perfect for that sort of thing.

Here's hoping it's nothing!

Thanks. I go to the vet who works with our adoption group. He is the one who examines dogs coming in and such. He came with high regards, but doesn't seem like he spends a lot of time with the dogs. For an examination and vaccination this morning it took all of 10 minutes (but I was late so he might have been rushed).

Don't let that deter you. I work for 3 urologists. One of the docs we book one patient every fifteen minutes and patients wait sometimes over an hour to see him and then walk out not knowing what the heck he's doing or taking about and another doc, we triple book in a fifteen minute slot and no one is kept waiting, everyone knows what he doing and talking about and he's on NY Dr's top 10 ! So... don't let the time involved get to you. Come with your questions and if he says something you don't understand, ask him right then and there what he means.

As far as the bills go.. they get paid. They would work out something with you. She'll be fine. Your vet should not have said what he said and just dismissed it. I would call him and tell him your fears, he may elaborate a bit of what he's thinking which might put your fears to rest.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project