Worm Identification Site?

Guest robingrey

Dead roundworm from your worming, probably. Agree with the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuw. :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Oh_Greyt

Savvyprchick - Yep, you're right. I was thinking of whips... That's the one that Interceptor covers but not some of the others. Thanks for clearing that up!

Guest LindsaySF

Cleo, it is probably a dead roundworm. Sometimes they come out in the feces after you have used worming medication.

• 8 years later...

Hello Greytalk Experts,

My Foster has worms, she has been with us since Feb, and has been on the long treatment of Panacur every 14 days. she is still shedding these flat segments in her poo. I have been giving her DE to combat the worms. But she is still shedding, one or two segments, usually in her morning poo. her monthly treatment is Interceptor. I have sent our Foster Co-ordinator a photo of the worm hoping we can get her cured soon.

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/peglyhubba/media/P1200121_zpskw2a7guo.jpg.html

thanks for any help and advice.

Peggy - Pete (Wild Pan Thief), Remy (Exotic Ziricote) Buddy the Golden 11-26-04 to 9-18-15, the KATZ - Ozzy, Freckles, Jake and Elwood Hubba, Desert Tortoises Tortilita, and Athena. and when I figure out how to make a PET collage they will all be included in this signature. I included my 2 most recent fosters. Marie a sweet darling of a girl. And Willie, a dog I want to keep. He is a loveable mushy boy.

c696c116-3584-4443-ba69-446cbc22cba8_zps

I am guessing that is tapeworm? I would try another med like Drontal Plus. I don't think panacur kills all types of tapeworms, but I could be wrong on that. I don't believe Interceptor works on tapeworms either.

Edited by RedHead

No advice for you but how, ah, lovely that Photobucket (in their pop-up ads) will print that photo on greeting cards for you. :blink:

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Bean_Scotch

Firstly, there are 2 species of tapeworms. Praziquantel will kill both. Panacur I believe does 1 species but not the other. If you don't know what species you have, best to use praziquantel so you can take care of them in a timely fashion.