Meet Sandman!

We recently lost our grey, Sherlock, which was awful. We decided we wanted to adopt another grey, and just this weekend met "Sandman Coming", a sweet young hound who has already made himself totally at home. Here's his pic (I hope this works - I haven't posted pictures here before...):

818248389_e60210c49e_m.jpg

Guest TBSFlame

He is beautiful. Sorry for your loss. We adopted Beecher three weeks after losing our Hawk. We call him our heart healer.

Yeah, so have I, and it's a real downside of his name. But he responds to it, or Sandy, so I guess we'll keep it. He is SOOO well-behaved! He whined a lot the first night, but slept well last night and has not chewed anything except a fuzzy slipper (well, duh!) and an earplug. We'll take him to Petsmart this afternoon to add to his stuffie collection, so he doesn't snag the other slipper...

Guest simile

What a handsome guy!! Mine have gone pretty easy on the shoes, but I do have a slipper graveyard in the backyard <_< . My own fault for leaving them about, but since I'm more of a fuzzy sock person, I haven't gotten too worked up about it - besides, most of the slippers are DH's :P .

Keep the pictures commin'!

Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest PhillyPups

Congrats on Sandman. Stepper came to us shortly after losing Runner (3 days) as SugarBear was in depression, and Zeus came within 4 days of losing Sugs as Stepper was lonely. They are the best hearthealers and the greatest tribute and honor we can give our beloved bridge angels is to bring another deserving greyhound into our home. :bighug

:confetti:confetti:confetti Sandman :wub: you have your home :confetti:confetti:confetti

I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

But Sandman is VERY handsome and looks like he can help heal your heart. :wub:

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Welcome! I'm sorry for your loss, but am glad you were able to open your heart to another grey in need. I'm sure Sherlock was looking over you guiding you to just the right new grey.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest bowiebears

Condolences on your loss! One day we will all be together again at The Brigde.

Congrats on your new baby! He is a stunner....

--Isaac