I Am A Newbie

Guest poochieluv

Guest poochieluv

I just wanted to say hello and that I have been a lurker until now. I decied to register and say HELLO!!

I have 3 pooches. We have Ghia-a 12 year old terrier mix girl, Yard-a 3.5 year old brindle grey boy and Cali-a 12 year old light brindle gal. We just got the 12 year old brindle the middle of June. She was left at the pound and I was at the rescue organization website looking at something for my boy and stumbled into the featured hounds page. I fell in love with her and couldn't bear to think that her family gave her up. So we brought her home to a squishy new home.

We got Yard about a year and a half ago. And Ghia we have had for 7 years. She had a big brother (Chase- 9 year old Norwegian Elkhound mix) who we had to let go shortly before we got Yard. He had cancer. Nasal Sarcoma. Yard came about a month later for a companion for Ghia. He is the BEST. I adore him. He made me laugh so much. Chase was my husband and my first dog and I was devastated. Yard is such a knuckle-head that he brought so much laughter to that first few months after we lost Chase... I was so delighted. He only raced one race, but sure does love to race around the house! Ghia was pretty fast in her younger years and she still tries to keep up with him! Cali just looks at them like they are crazy most of the time... She joins in every now and then.

We live in Arizona and are loving the AC right now. Pups only go out when absolutely necessary! :rolleyes: I suppose though that I don't blame them... the older gals try to hold it too long sometimes. It is pretty sad when we can call them to go out and they barely even pick up their heads and look at us! Wish I could sleep that well sometimes.

Sorry for the long post! I write like I speak and I sure do like speaking!

I will post pictures in my next post! Need to upload them to my website so that I can link them over.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Hi and Welcome from Arizona too! Bless you for adopting Cali - how sad is that that her owners would have dumped her at the pound! Does she have ear tattoos? I know the local Greyhound rescues would have taken her if they had known about her....

Donna :welcome

Hello and welcome from England :wave:wave . Looking forward to the pictures :)

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest poochieluv
Hi and Welcome from Arizona too! Bless you for adopting Cali - how sad is that that her owners would have dumped her at the pound! Does she have ear tattoos? I know the local Greyhound rescues would have taken her if they had known about her....

Donna :welcome

The humane society called AZ Adopt a Greyhound and that is where we got her. She does have ear tattoos and raced a bit and had a few litters of pups. Her racing name was "Caliente Style".

Thanks for all the hellos!!!

:welcome2

Hi and welcome from So Cal!!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound