Jane Update --- 8/13/07 Post 46 (pg 3)

Guest VelvetEars

Guest SoulsMom
Glad to hear the good news that she is fine :yay

Lots of extra prayers.

P.S. She'll look just as lovely with a short tail. I have it on the best authority that Short Tails Are Cool.

I wonder how many puppers on GT are members of STAC?

Copper (who lost 1/2 his tail in a door at the kennel) and Savannah (who I think was born with only 1/2) welcome the newest member of STAC, Miss Jane.... Three Wags of the Tail!!! :gh_bow:gh_bow:gh_bow

Soul is in this group.

Welcome to the club Jane! I'm glad your surgery went well :wub:

Edited by SoulsMom

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurry home sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Just catching up, so glad Jane is doing well. I believe there is an artery (I think - a major vein anyway) running down the tail so a challenge is to keep it from being bumped or otherwise open up.

When my foxhound had part of his tail amputated, the vet wrapped it up with a lot of padding, and when we walked him for the first few weeks it was a 2-person effort - one with the leash, the other following closely to ensure nothing happened to the back end.

Others who have been through this may have good ideas about how you can protect the end of the tail but it's really important that this be done.

Jane will be in my prayers for an easy recovery, poor baby has been through so much.

Hi Mary :wave It's your chauffeur (sp?) from Kansas (Pat)! Glad you made it home ok.

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Oh no Meredith!

Kony is staying a bit at Columbia recovering from exploratory surgery and Herman and I went to visit tonight and saw a black greyhound being walked. I came on here wondering if it was anyone's from GT and see Jane's name again!

:kiss2 & :dogcookie to sweet Janey! That short tail will take nothing away from her beauty! :star

:bighug to you...how stressful, especially with you being out of town!

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Guest VelvetEars

She's doing well this morning. It was an uneventful night for her.

The good part is that she hasn't been wagging her tail much since her stroke, so keeping her tail relatively 'quiet' isn't too difficult. If it had been Jackson - well - that would have been an entirely different story! His tail wags 24/7.