Zippy Needs Prayers

Guest zippsmum

Guest zippsmum

So.....

We went to the vet today and she took some xrays. Zip doesn't have any cancerous masses or lesions, which is wonderful, and his spine looks fine, no proplases between the vertebrae and no narrowing of the inter-vertebral spaces. She still thinks that he has blown a disk when he had his accident last week. We have decided to go with medical rather than surgical intervention, so now he is having a meds regime for the next ten days with the hope of stabilizing the blow out and perhaps even improving his range of motion. So, as it stands, strict restriction of movement for the next two weeks and meds till the 30th of June. She feels very hopeful that this should stabilize him and that he should be just find, albeit not able to jump into the car or onto the couch....I can deal with that, as long as I have my boy and he is comfortable.

I guess that my question now is has anyone else delt with something like this? How are things? If things do not improve, or if they in fact worsen then I think that we will have to consider very carefully to do about it. I would rather have him running free over the rainbow than paralyzed and in pain here with me. I need hugs tonight......

:bighug I know how hard this is. We faced something similar with Jake last fall. we still have no idea what he did but the good news is he is fine now.

Link to Jake's limp story

I can't say enough good things about canine massage from a trained therapist. Hang in there has to be an answer for you out there. I'm just happy you ruled out cancer.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest LynnM

HUGS!

You MUST be 100% vigilant about restricting motion. No "just this once" or "I'm pressed for time". I know it's hard. I've been there. Follow the medication and movement instructions TO THE LETTER. It really can work, but one "just this once" can set you back a whole bunch.

Lynn

No words of wisdom here, just love, hugs and prayers for your baby.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest zippsmum

Thank you all so much.....this has been a very difficult day for me.....burpdog.....who is the Chen vet?.....his symptoms are most definitely nurological......but at this point I am willing to try anything.

:goodluck and :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Sending prayers. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg