Oliver Hurt

Thanks for the good thoughts everybody.

The vet wouldn't let us come in until 3pm today. Oliver had a rough night, just not comfortable laying down. Preferred to huff and puff by my bed. I could definitely tell when the Rimadyl was wearing off.

By the time we got to the vet Oliver was putting a bit more weight on the foot but still yelping when he got up/laid down.

Vet feels some swelling in the tendons just up from the pad and said it was good I brought him in since he really needed something more than Rimadyl.

Oliver is now on Tramadol for a few days. He is very happy to be back home. Very happy to get some food. Very happy to be able to lie down and nap.

The first picture is what got Oliver in trouble to start with: Oliver and the Evil Dog Bed doing their nightly battle:

DSC02578.jpg

This picture is Oliver resting after the vet visit. He never lays like this so the pain meds must have kicked in. Perhaps he is meditating on the spilled kibble inches from his snout.

DSC02631.jpg

I only wish that our ER vet service was more reliable in quality of service. I wavered on taking him in at 2am but decided it was less stressful for him to wait (especially since there was no swelling). I wish my employer and DH's wouldn't threaten us with firing if I try to call in. The only wish granted that really counted this time was that Oliver will be OK.

I sure lubs my old boy. :wub:

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Tenderhearts

I lubs your old boy too! :wub::kiss2

Glad he's got some stronger stuff for the pain, and lots of prayers for speedy healing! :hope :hope :hope :hope