Soaking

Guest myjazzy

Guest myjazzy

In one of the many posts I've read about corns, someone said that they used old IV bags from the vet. I got some, but I have no idea how to do it. Could someone please explain? I'm trying different things because Jetstar is not wild about soaking, so I want to find the way that is best for him. He'll stand there with this pitiful look on his face that kills me.

Thanks

Did you see my thread about my corn "miracle"? Might want to look that one up (running out the door or I'd link it for you).

For soaking generally, try having the dog lay down, soaking a hand towel, wrap it around the foot and then put any plastic bag over it. Either lie with the pup and hold it on, or maybe vet-wrap it on for as long as the towel stays warm.

With Wabi's corn, I don't know if this helped or not, but her booties sometimes get damp (she tends to pee on them sometimes, and then there is wet grass, etc.) while we take walks. Maybe this helped with the decapitation of the corn?

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Though I haven't used old IV bags before I imagine it is just a more secure/firm plastic baggie. If that theory of mine is correct than just throw some water and epsom salts in the IV bag then put it on the floor and ask Jetstar to be patient while you soak her feet for five minutes or so.

I am by no means a source of knowledge about these things. I am still searching for the perfect remedy. I've been in the hulling then abreva camp but that ain't working for us. So I'm starting a new "protocol" that is a bit of a few theories that have been posted including the use of kerasolv to soften the pad and dr. scholls corn remover and probably bee propolis...who knows really.

Good luck convincing Jetstar to stand still for a foot bath.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

I use a couple of paper towels soaking wet. I put them in a baggy then put that on the foot. Therapaw goes on top of the baggie. This way you can keep it on for a few hours, not cause the dog too much stress and not cause yourself too much stress. The best part is there is little mess.. just a little dripping.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

i'm happy to send you my files on corns and wart. Lots of excellent info that will help.

However, you need to send a note thru your email software to claudia@greyhoundgang.org.

Don't do it thru greytalk, because i can't attach the files i have in word.

claudia

Greyhound Gang

Claudia & Greyhound Gang
100% Helps Hounds

GIG Bound!