Remembering Tucker, Bo And Others

Guest ThunderPaws

Guest cnewsome

Hoarding - 66 emaciated dogs seized

Please remember Tucker, Bo and others that suffered and died due to the Robbin Wiseman neglect case that hapened 2 years ago this weekend.

Robbin and Ken Wiseman kept 66 dogs in their home under horrible conditions. Mostly sighthounds, 51 of them were greyhounds.

We will never forget these emaciated, filthy and scared hounds when they were rescued by animal control. :(:(

:f_white

Guest PhillyPups

:candle

And a big thank you to all that stepped in, took the poor hounds and loved and nutured the ones back to health.

We were very fortunate that you, Christina, and the other greyhound rescue groups in NC and surrounding states were there to help these dogs.

I live on the other side of the state, but I went to each veterinary office in my town with printouts of the news articles at the time of the seizure. I don't know how many actually followed through with donations, but I will give kudos to the vet at our local Petsmart who said, "I'll pack up a box of medical supplies right now!"

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest hamiesmom

Sending prayers for those poor pups that had to be put down and a big thank you to all that stepped in to help the rest.

:candle

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest vahoundlover

:candle I fell in love with Harry the moment I saw his picture.

My Bossie man was in that house....the other 3 pups our group took in are doing well also. I will never forget that weekend...as the news was coming in..... :cry1

You are loved precious babies, we will never forget you :f_red

I too have been thinking about the Orange County dogs that have gone on to the bridge. Each dog from that horrible place have had the most remarkable spirits. We were lucky enough to adopt Tang, a tiny little brindle girl that is a delight and joy to us. Christina, thank you and Triangle Greys for all you did to get the greys out of that awful place. I pray every day that she will not get her hands on another grey or any other animal.

DH and I went to GFNC with donations the morning they brought in some of the OC dogs from the shelter. I'll never forget how they looked,as long as I live, one inparticullar is ingrained in my memory forever, Sara was her name.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Guest cnewsome

I definitely can't take credit for this rescue, it was a joint effort of several groups to get these poor souls to safety.

It was heartwarming to see everyone come together to help! :)

Guest greytlady

Hard to believe it has been 2 years already. 3 of the 4 dogs we took are living within 15 minutes of my house and all are pretty much healthy and happy.

I wish all could have made it out of that house and into good loving homes

Hugs to those bridge babies.

:grouphug

Guest cnewsome
I too hope she never gets her hands on another animal.

Her probation ends in a year... We all know how high the relaps rate is for hoarders... :angryfire

That is a really sad story. All those poor dogs. Hopefully they will not get any more, those they probably will. :(

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

Guest whatahound

Thanks for posting this Christina. I was one of many people who stepped in to help these poor hounds. The kennel that I volunteer for received many of those dogs.(about 24) I will always remember that call early Sunday morning asking if I could come to the kennel early and to please stop and pick up lots of bottles of flea and tick shampoo. When I arrived I was not prepared for what I was going to see. I still tear up every time I remember that morning. We had teams of people working bathing and pulling hundreds of ticks off of the near death hounds. What really stands out in my memory is the look in the dogs eyes. There was nothing there, but I had a sense they knew we going to help them. Many people worked around the clock to make sure that they were getting several small meals all day.

Within the first 24 hours you could see life coming back to their eyes. It was just so amazing. I will always remember those hounds and it will be a memory that will be with me always.

For the ones that have crossed the bridge, god speed sweet little ones. And for the ones that are now in loving homes, sure hope you are living large. A dear Friend of mine adopted one of those hounds. Her name is Rosie and is just a joy. She will be 14 in July and is definitely living a good life.

Edited by whatahound