Randomly Panting

Guest Kpparker

Guest Kpparker

Hey guys

Tavi is randomly panting.. he was lying on the couch, head down, then just popped his head up and started panting for a bit. Did it a couple more times. Got up when he thought I was getting up and panted again. Now Im in the bedroom and he's in here with me, and once again started panting, but has stopped. Each panting session is about 15-30 seconds I guess.

Any ideas of whats up? My apartments not any warmer than usual.. so its not that.

Thanks!

Karen

Guest maryjo79

Panting can also be a sign of pain- has he been really active and maybe pulled something or maybe he has some tummy upset...

Guest Scouts_mom

Could be nerves or pain. Is there any reason why he might be nervous? If not and if it continues, I would take him to the vet.

Guest Kpparker

I dont know guys.. he's lying down sleeping right now. Seems fine. It was weird. When I looked at him while he was panting he would completely stop, and then when I turned my eyes start again. If it happens again I'll call the vet tomorrow.

Maybe he was a bit nervous - there was a big thunderstorm this evening and DBF said he got a bit startled at the thunder when they were outside.

Dont think he pulled anything - today was a pretty quiet day.

Thanks for the ideas, and I'll let you know if there's a change.

it could definitely be nerves from the thunderstorm...I'd just keep a close eye on him and see if it stops after the storm subsides...

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest PreciousMom

Dasher does the panting on and off when there is a storm coming and after a storm. The pups feel it in the air before we do and after it is over.

It's been a bit warmer at our house - not much, but enough to make Mayhem pant. I open the window for a bit before we go to bed to let some cool air in, otherwise his panting keeps me up.

Could be the thunderstorm too, it was nasty today!

Hombre was panting heavily & I too thought it was from thunderstorms but when he was in for his senior checkup he had an ultrasound done & he has mild carido myopthay (SP). keep an eye on him & have the vet check him over carefully.

It was probably the thunderstorm we had last night. It was pretty bad.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Guest IrskasMom

I agree with Maryjo79 ...... Morty pants when he is in Pain. But also the Thunderstorm could have

provoked it. :bighug:bighug:bighug

Guest wilsontrixie

stress (thunderstorm coming), pain, i gotta go poo....can all cause panting.

if it is the thunderstorm...the worst thing you can do is comfort him for it....in his mind you are praising him for being afraid...DON'T MAKE IT WORSE

Guest Spencers_Greyt

The minute it gets hot outside, Spencer does the same thing when inside. He pants and then doesn't all day long in my air conditioned home. He's done it for as long as I have had him. I just figure it's his way of being a Drama King and letting me know he hates the heat!