Ghsod In The Dark

Guest GiJenn51

Guest GiJenn51

I took Trouble and TC out to the fenced in field to go pee one last time. Well Trouble starts her usual running around like a crazy woman, and as usual, TC pursues. They were doing fine, and then all of the sudden SCREAMS!!! Non stop SCREAMS!!! I drop the leashes and poop bag and run. I knew it was TC cuz he did the same thing to me laying down and all of the sudden he was screaming. I figured it was a cramp. And did this time too.

Well, when we got inside, I go to the meds cupboard to get him some deramaxx. I see blood on the bed, and start to look him over. He has nicks everywhere. Like he met up with a raccoon and lost.

He also has these.

I have no idea how he got them. Trouble didn't look like she was near him. I'm wondering if he tripped and fell... :dunno Any ideas, opinions? Poor little dude is soooo uncomfortable. I put wrap on two of his feet, and arnica gel on the bruising with no open skin...

You can see his old wound from the Great Dane... there is even boo boos around that!

boobooTC.jpg

Up close...

boobootc2.jpg

And sorry gents... this DOES look like it hurts... This is also why I think he tripped up somehow...

hoohoobooboo.jpg

Guest cendrine

I wonder if he surprised a wild animal by jumping over it - like you said, possibly a raccoon. Or did he trip over/get tangled up in a fallen branch?

Guest GiJenn51

There weren't any animals out there, but a branch is a DEFINITE possibility. I was thinking rocks. Kids throw them into the outfield...

Poor guy! And I know how scary that scream can be. Lots of extra kisses for TC and an adult beverage for you. :grouphug

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest maryjo79

Spud had some scrapes and cuts like that after his run in with a fence at play date last month. I'd say he probably tripped over something rather than a critter....

A jagged rock could certainly cause those, imo.

Hope he feels better soon!

it looks to me like he ran into a bush or something...was it dark out? honestly, I would never let my pups run around full speed in the dark...way too dangerous.

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest GiJenn51

It's a fenced in baseball field. I havce a feeling that he got tripped up and did a "header". He has bruises in the weirdest places. Like on top of his back foot. :huh:

Guest TBSFlame

I have a fairly large back yard and I also have a garden fence dividing the big back yard from the patio. I always close it off at dark. No dogs allowed to run in the dark. Too dangerous. You would think a flat ballfield would be safer than a back yard. Hope you pup is feeling better this morning.

Edited by TBSFlame

Guest IrskasMom

Hopefully everything will heal again fast .Poor Baby . In a Baseball-Field , I cant imagen what could have caused

this kind of an Injury?? :bighug:bighug:bighug

Ouch!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Owie! Hope TC feels better today.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest Yat4

I hope he is feeling better. Buddy did the same thing awhile back. It was getting dark and they were all running. He just wiped out somehow. I haven't taken them back when it is even getting close to dark since then.

Oh I hate that scream! :( Sending gentle hugs and healing prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Kipsmom

:grouphug :grouphug :getwell

I have a big yard that I can't see 1/2 of it after dark. I have no way of blocking it off and even though I stand out and watch every night, it's still so hard and is one of my fears of something like this.

Ow! Poor guy! I bet he's a bit stiff today, too, if it was a tumble as you think. Maybe he hit a branch and then tumbled to try to avoid it... Give him some gentle scritchies from me!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.