Just A Warning

Excellent reminder, Dan, especially now that it's finally starting to heat up!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Good warning. Many years ago, I took the dogs for a jog in the evening when it had cooled down...but I didn't realize that the street was still hot enough to burn their feet. Poor Angel had to wear little socks for a week because all four of her pads blistered off. So even when it SEEMS nice and cool, if it was hot in the day, be careful!

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

We always feel the pavement before getting out of the van and naturally its hotter on the sunny side.We also made cool coats out of auto shammys and carry cool water to keep them wet.

Edited by SAVED2

• 2 years later...

Oh thank you so so much for this. This post should be on all the threads for a reminder. You are so right. Even the hot sand on the beach is awful. Ground should be checked with bare feet. If I cant handle it, she cant handle it! Thank you. :kiss2

Guest LindsaySF

This is also a good reminder for those attending GIG. Be careful about standing in the vendor area too long. In direct sun, on hot pavement....

Guest MyCody

Thanks for the reminder, We will not be walking in the parade at GIG because of the hot pavement. We also carry a small spray bottle with plain water and we also have a mister that we use at ball games to cool them down. Doesn't help the tootsies though.

I remember the one and only time Cody took off in our neighborhood when we first adotped him and came home with blistered pads, not a good thing.