Mom

Guest PhillyPups

Guest ss556
:grouphug That was beautiful. And a Happy Easter to my mom & dad who I lost at 30 at 13 years old. I still miss them very much. And to all those parents of ours and loved ones, too.

My mom is now gone for seven years. Her birthday was this week on the 5th, same day John E had his surgery. I didn't realize the date until I had to sign the permission for surgery. Some how the years just go by.

There are things that happen every day, and as I reach for the phone to call my mom and tell her, I realize I can't.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Mom's been gone since 1988, but to this day I find myself thinking "wish I could talk to Mom about such-and-such" or "boy, would Mom get a kick outta this". Daddy died when I was 5, so I have no memories of him--but I have always wondered what it would be like to have a Dad.

All that said, thanks for the thread.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest EmbersDad

you have my sympathies patti, and i share your pain. my mom passed 2 days after christmas, and the holiday has never really been the same. when i got my hound, the twinkle returned to my eye, but.....well, im sure you understand..... :f_red:grouphug

Guest GracieMae

That's a lovely poem to you mother. I think I know your pain. No one will ever love us like our mothers did. No one will ever want to hear every single thing we say and want to hear about everything we do.

My mother passed away last December. So many times the pain of missing her stabs my stomach and my eyes fill with tears or worse. Now that it is spring the garden is beginning to put forth all the flowers she planted. She loved working in her garden and worked very hard out there always on her knees.

I think the pain of missing our mothers will follows us all our days. My father is leaving soon, he's in bed longer each day, eating less, doesn't speak and is so sad missing my mother. They were married for 62 years. My oldest son died suddenly from heart failure at the age of 40 1-1/2 years ago. My mother and son used to talk so much, both of them were chatterboxes, they were perfect together. I pray they are together in the world of spirits/heaven.

:weepf_yellow:weep:f_pink:weep:f_red