Of all creatures made by the One above

You taught us to share whatever we had,

You taught us you loved us even when we were bad,

You taught us to care for our beloved friends,

You taught us to let go when the time with us ends ~

Mom, I miss you, your voice, your special way,

I want to talk to you again every day.

Please take care of my angels, and if you would,

Tell Dad I love and miss him too, as he would say, I should.

Love and missing you each day,

Your daughter,

Patti

Your parents must have been very special people. I'm sure they would be very proud of the acts of kindness you've shown to others.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest PhillyPups
Your parents must have been very special people. I'm sure they would be very proud of the acts of kindness you've shown to others.

Oh Ducky, thankyou so much, they were very special. They raised 5 of us with a love for animals, community awareness, volunteering, caring for others, all lessons taught by their actions not words.

Guest K9_Lady
:grouphug Patti, thank you for sharing that, it was beautiful. I miss my Mom so very much and it been almost 13yrs but I am still blessed to have my 82yr old Dad living with me. She truly was the wind beneath my wings. :f_pink Edited by K9_Lady

Guest Che_mar_Cody

Beautiful - wishing you a joyous Easter - I'm sure their looking down smiling at the wonderful daughter they created.

Guest Tenderhearts

I can't even begin to imagine life without my mother in it! I still talk to her on the phone almost every day. What a touching tribute to your mother, and sending the warmest of hugs from Kansas! :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Guest vahoundlover

What a beautiful tribute to your mom! She sounds like a wonderful, kind, loving person. I'm sure your parents are smiling down upon you...telling all the other Angels..."THAT'S our daughter".

:f_red

What a beautiful tribute to your mom Pat. Hugs to you, I know what a hard time you're having.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

What a precious poem Pat, how hard for you having lost your parents. I think it's the hardest moment ever to lose

them...my thoughts are with you! f_yellow

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest MomofCash

Wow Pat ... for some reason I just popped back in the house and thought I'd check GT and I see this. I have been missing my Mom soooooooooooooo much these last few weeks ... leading up to Spring, Easter ... how she loved this time of year. I lost her 4 years ago, my Dad before her and my brother before him. There's hardly not a day that goes by that I don't reach to pick up the phone so I can talk to her ... she was my very best friend in all the world and there are times when I think that the hole that her absence has left in my heart, will never go away.

Thinking of you at this Easter time ... *hugs*

Guest Snowy8

I'll bet our moms are good friends since both are animal lovers. I'll bet our dads are good friends too.....Life isn't the same is it.

Guest PhillyPups
Wow Pat ... for some reason I just popped back in the house and thought I'd check GT and I see this. I have been missing my Mom soooooooooooooo much these last few weeks ... leading up to Spring, Easter ... how she loved this time of year. I lost her 4 years ago, my Dad before her and my brother before him. There's hardly not a day that goes by that I don't reach to pick up the phone so I can talk to her ... she was my very best friend in all the world and there are times when I think that the hole that her absence has left in my heart, will never go away.

Hugs back to you too, I will be thinking of you. My parents both loved Easter, the world waking up again from a long winter. Today is their 68th Wedding Anniversary, which I did not realize the date when I wrote this.

Guest MomofCash

Hugs back to you too, I will be thinking of you. My parents both loved Easter, the world waking up again from a long winter. Today is their 68th Wedding Anniversary, which I did not realize the date when I wrote this.

Well, Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad ... you're together again ... :wub:

Guest how888

Wow, I was missing my mom so much I just had to come on here and saw this. It will be my first Easter without her and I'm having such a rough night. Thanks so much for sharing that. It gave me so much peace that they are all up there together. What beautiful memories they have left us. Just knowing she is finally with my dad has helped a great deal. God Bless and thanks again for posting that. This is why I love greytalk so very much. The support system is bigger than anyone could ever imagine!! Linda

You have told some odds and ends of stories about your mom on GT. She was a memorable lady, wasn't she? and one I'd've loved to have met.

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug A big part of your parents is a part of you...hold on to precious memories. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.