Hola!

Guest reyes

Hi, my name is Reyes!

I am an ex-hunting galgo from Córdoba, Spain! I don't hunt anymore, I was abandoned.

On January 6th Spanish families observe Los Reyes Magos (much like Dec. 25th in North America). It is the day which celebrates the arrival of the three kings bearing gifts to Jesus. My new owners were walking in a downtown park on their way to lunch with their grandparents and they saw me scared and all alone. They fed me and took me to their home in Cádiz province! The next day I went to the veterinarian and got pretty much a clean bill of health (ok, I have to take eye drops for a sore and I also had to tell my fleas to go packing). The vet also said I was anywhere between 8 and 11 years old, but a true lady never tells her age.

I feel like a new woman! I am enjoying retirement. We live right on the beach - what more could a pup like me want!

I just wanted to say hi to you all! This seems like a great place.

imagen412.jpg

Hola Reyes!! ¡Cómo esta! Bienvenido a greytalk!

what a great story!!! please tell your new owners that we need more pictures :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Reyes seems to be very happy with us here! She is starting to come out of her shell and she hasn't even been here a week.

Her favorite thing in the whole world is rolling/roaching in the grass - the look on her face is priceless!

So far we have been able to bring her almost everywhere with us, so she feels comfortable in the car. Our home is taking a bit longer although she is an excellent snuggler!

She was an amazing gift for us last Saturday - we are so happy.

Guest PhillyPups

Hola Reyes,

Congrats on picking your family. I think I would trade them for your fleas anyday. Looks like you are going to be quite spoiled as you should be. Just think, you never have to search for food again, or be afraid of people. You are a gift of the angels. :wub:

You are beautiful, and will acclimate to home life in no time.

Wlecome

Sounds like you adopted the right family.

Please let them know that pictures of you roaching in the grass would be greyt.

Glad to hear you're home.

:clap:welcome2:clap

Congratulations Reyes. You did a great job finding your new family.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What a beautiful girl you are. Stunning!

Gustopher P Jones says HUBBA HUBBA!!!!!

Edited by rycezmom

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest Tenderhearts

Dear Miss Reyes,

You are one very beautiful lady! :wub: I am particularly fond of the senior gals with the white faces :beatheart I hope to see more pictures of your gorgeous self soon!

Love,

Dandy Randy :paw

Having a galgo (greyhound) in Spain is pretty neat as they are well regarded animals. Parents stop and tell their children to look at the galgo! I really hope that Reyes can be an ambasa-dog so that the general public can learn what amazingly docile and regal animals galgos are (and spread the word about adopting)! We have talked to so many people just from waking her!

Right now she is out on our terrace sunning herself and catching some beauty sleep! She sends big sloppy kisses to all her new friends!!! B)

Welcome Reyes! Congrats on your new home.

May I ask you a question about greyhounds in Spain? I have wondered about greyhounds across the big pond (the ocean). Is there racing over there or are greyhounds just pets? You mentioned hunting?

Greyhounds, or galgos as they are called here, are used traditionally for hunting jack rabbits. They aren't commonly seen as pets unfortunately - many of the same myths exist here ie. need room to run, ect. There used to be a dog racing track in Barcelona, I think it has closed now.