Introducing Nash (finally...)

Guest nirik

This has been a hard year here for me... I lost my lovely princess Twyla earlier this year to OS. I still miss her every day. ;(

After a few months the house got kinda quiet with just me and my two boys (Merlin and Kurt), so I agreed to do some fostering again.

It turned out that some little puppy boys were coming in needing fostering and I somehow got talked into fostering one of them.

So, little Nash came in around mid Aug. We think he was around 4 months old.

He and his brothers were in a shelter in NE, and very little was known about their history.

Nash on his first day here:

20060813150852-640.jpg

Nash and Kurt:

20060813152126-640.jpg

He Weighed just 19lbs.

As I'm sure you can all guess it wasn't long before I knew he was here to stay. :)

He made himself at home right away:

20060814100133-640.jpg

Merlin and Nash on a walk:

20060815160316-640.jpg

He really got Kurt and Merlin, my two older boys (9 and 8 now) back to playing and having fun:

20060819110452-640.jpg

And as is all too often the case when you feed them, he grew... ;)

20060928135511-640.jpg

20061010152252-640.jpg

20061129144548-640.jpg

20061204163519-640.jpg

20061208160100-640.jpg

Now at a probible 8.5 months old, he weighs 60lbs. ;)

He has some longer hair on his chest and along his back and his coat is rougher than a regular greyhound coat, so I suspect he has some Wolfhound, Deerhound or even some ridgeback in there somewhere. Otherwise his body structure and personality is all greyhound, so I think the mix isn't too much in there.

He has been a handfull at times, but overall he's a very sweet happy snuggly boy and I'm glad he's here. ;)

Stay tuned for Nash adventures, I'm sure he will be having tons of them.

What a cutie. Congratulations to you and Nash.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

OH!! It's the FEEDING that does that!! Well, that's that, then. No more food for my overgrown puppy! :rolleyes:

:lol

Nash is beautiful! Congrats to you all.

:) Yeah, thats my theory... Of course it's not all puppy food... logs and sticks in the yard, rawhides or stuffed toys, and over thanksgiving he managed to eat the last 10 pages of a book I was reading. :) He must not have liked the ending much... I guess I will never know what it was. ;)

:confetti WELCOME HOME NASH :confetti

Looking forward to The Greyt Adventures of Nash... coming soon hopefully? :wub:

Oh yeah, he has adventures all the time. ;)

Currently he's trying very very hard to get the new foster dog to play with him.

She will have none of it. ;)

Guest dirtydog

Hi, What a beautiful boy. I was wondering if someone could give me the contact information of the people/group you got Nash from. He looks almost identical to a puppy our rescue group took out of a shelter here in Southern California recently and our puppy is the same age. We are wondering if there's any chance one of the other puppies got shipped this way. Fortunately our guy is doing pretty well. He didn't spend much time in the shelter before he was "sprung". He is a wonderful puppy. He has the same dark face with white stripe and light brindle body. If anyone knows where we might be able to get some information on the puppies rescued with Nash, we'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks so much.

Guest khounds

Nash is a cute little guy and as strange as this seems our Greyhound group, with the help of Afghan Rescue, got a puppy out of the Baldwin Park Humane Society pound in So. CA that is the same age and looks amazingly like your guy. We have no idea how he got to this pound in particular since greyhounds would be rare in that area. Our pup was actually spotted via the pound website by someone in Northern CA that notified Afghan rescue in our area. We have had our pup for several weeks now and he is thought to be about 8 1/2 to nine months old. He is very cute and very greyhound but has more of a coat on his tummy than most greyhounds and a slightly bushy tail. He has very soft fur, a light almost tan brindle color with a darker almost black face. You can see him on the GreySave.org website. When you get a chance check out our Bandit's picture and let me know what you think. Maybe litter mates? How strange. I am glad you have adopted him and ours will be adopted out very soon. Congratulations on adding this little guy to your family.

Nash is a cute little guy and as strange as this seems our Greyhound group, with the help of Afghan Rescue, got a puppy out of the Baldwin Park Humane Society pound in So. CA that is the same age and looks amazingly like your guy. We have no idea how he got to this pound in particular since greyhounds would be rare in that area. Our pup was actually spotted via the pound website by someone in Northern CA that notified Afghan rescue in our area. We have had our pup for several weeks now and he is thought to be about 8 1/2 to nine months old. He is very cute and very greyhound but has more of a coat on his tummy than most greyhounds and a slightly bushy tail. He has very soft fur, a light almost tan brindle color with a darker almost black face. You can see him on the GreySave.org website. When you get a chance check out our Bandit's picture and let me know what you think. Maybe litter mates? How strange. I am glad you have adopted him and ours will be adopted out very soon. Congratulations on adding this little guy to your family.

Wow... cool.

Here's what I know:

Nash and his 3 brothers (Crosby, Stills and Young) were dumped in a shelter in NE. One of the brothers (Crosby) got adopted out from there, so I never saw him or know what he looks like or know where he went. Hopefully he has a good home. ;)

The other 3 brothers were taken in by Heather at Almost Home for hounds.

I did meet Stills and Young... and they were sent out to somewhere in .ca to be adopted...

Looking at your Bandit's picture though, he doesn't look like I remember either of them looking... Stills and Young were both much darker brindles...

I wonder if he could somehow be Crosby (the other brother)?

I remember someone on here posted a picture of the brothers in the shelter, but I can't seem to find those posts now. ;(

Hi, What a beautiful boy. I was wondering if someone could give me the contact information of the people/group you got Nash from. He looks almost identical to a puppy our rescue group took out of a shelter here in Southern California recently and our puppy is the same age. We are wondering if there's any chance one of the other puppies got shipped this way. Fortunately our guy is doing pretty well. He didn't spend much time in the shelter before he was "sprung". He is a wonderful puppy. He has the same dark face with white stripe and light brindle body. If anyone knows where we might be able to get some information on the puppies rescued with Nash, we'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks so much.

See the other reply here... it could well be. 2 of his brothers I know were sent out to california...

Were you taking about bandit? The one the other poster mentioned? Or a diffrent one?

Just found that post... here it is:

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showto...=nash,and,young

Perhaps I should add a comment to that thread that Nash at least is happy here... ;)

Love the name (it's my last name) :) He's a cutie!!!

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch