Remembering My Salvador Nearly A Year Later

Guest salvadorshuman

Guest salvadorshuman

Nearly one year ago (It was May 11, 2005) I lost my beloved Salvador to osteo. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him, but what prompts me to re-join greytalk, and post this remembrance is that yesterday I finally got brave enough to bring his ashes home.

It took me a long while to feel ready to face the absolute finality of holding my boy in a little can instead of in my arms and lap. Strangely enough, now that he is home with me I feel such relief and peace. I don't know what to do with his ashes, I'm not strong enough yet to sprinkle them, but I know now that he is home.

For the first time since he left for the bridge, I know that I will love a greyhound again. With much sadness and with much joy I contacted my local retired racer adoption agency today. I wanted you all to be the first to know... In Salvador's memory, I'm chipping.

I'm so happy that Salvador is home, and that you're now able to choose a new friend :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest argolola

I know Salvador is smiling down on you for adopting another hound. God bless you as you remember him and start a new life with another.

Guest TBSFlame

In Salvador's memory, I'm chipping.

I am so happy you are chipping. I think you will find that true healing will come from another greyhound. We too lost our first greyhound to osteo and it was so painful but now I can think about Hawk without crying but I think of how much he taught me about this wonderful breed. I adopted Beecher in memory of Hawk, and I thought I could never love another one like I did Hawk but I did and I do. Congratulations on making that call.

Guest trevdog

I'm glad you were finally able to bring him home. For me to do this it has brought a sense of comfort, I hope it brings the same for you.

And I'm glad you are now able to think about adopting again, I believe it truly helps heal the heart. I did the same....

Hugs to you

I know your Angel will send a very special babe your way...or maybe two! :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest OnecoRose

I can feel your sorrow. I lost my lst grey to Osteo too. I adopted Misty shortly after, and it helped a lot with the pain :f_red:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow:paw

Guest how888

When I lost Howie I was so devistated and prayed for an answer. I was so torn apart a part of me died inside and I knew Howie would send me a sign. Here it came through the computer and his name is now Nike. I'm so glad you decided to give another one a home. God Bless and know we are here for support day and night. :f_red:grouphug Have Faith for I know Salvador will send you the right one.

I know too well the pain of losing a beloved greyhound to osteo. :( I'm glad that Salvador's ashes bring you comfort, and that your heart is ready to welcome another greyhound into your life. :grouphug:beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

What a brave mommy you are....I know you hold Salvador forever in your heart....you do not need to decide what to do with his ashes now....I have a feeling Salvador will send you a new greyhound puppy to love soon and he will smile and his light will shine on you....my thoughts are with you on this day....

It's good to see you again :) I'm glad Salvador is home. You don't have to do anything with his ashes! My kids are lined up on the bookcase by the fireplace. Some day I'll send them up north to be buried along with Chrissy. But, for now, they don't care. Probably like being home!

Congratulations on the chipping!!!!! It's a wonderful happening.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest jeannejj

I am glad to hear that you are healing. Salvador will guide a pup your way. Be sure to come back and show us your new pup. Peace to you.