Kasper

maximum

Just thinking about my sweet husky-mix girlie today. It's was 4 years ago that we said good-bye. My good baby doll waited until her daddy wasn't travelling any more and was back home all the time, and then she had to go, had to give in the cancer that had consumed her body, that she hid from us, that we never knew was there. She collapsed but miraculously (the fluid engorging her heart literally just disappeared over night), recovered enough to stay with us one more week, enough time for lots of hugs, kissies, her favourite thing in the whole world,W-A-L-K-S - shorter and slower than normal, but still every time the leash jingled she was there - every treat she wanted in the whole world - and of course, she wanted it all, being a major chow hound! :rolleyes: - but not enough time, not enough at all, before the last day, the last phone call, the last hug and kiss, whispering in her ear "I love you, I love you, you're the best girlie ever".

She introduced us to greys, the only type of dog she wouldn't try to attack after her knee surgery. Somehow she knew the gentleness of their souls, knew they would not hurt her, so she did not have to hurt them first. I think she would have liked Max...

I know she's with my dad, who was her most favourite person in the whole world, so I know she's happy- but I still miss her. Love you, my sweet Kass-iopia, my sassafrass tea, Kasperance, bat-girl...be good, don't bark at the other dogs, give dad a hug for me...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest ChrissyB

Okay---Now I'm crying.

I can see how much you loved Kasper. Why does it have to hurt so much???

Stay strong--And keep loving her, cause she is still loving you!!!!

How about some pictures of this sweetie? She sounds marvelous!

I'll try to find some but unfortunately, we did not have a digital camera when we had her, so I have very few digital photos. I think there may be a couple on an old computer from a friend, I'm going to try and dig them up tonight...

She was marvelous, thanks for asking... :inlove

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves