Mr Bill

Guest BellaDonna1

Guest BellaDonna1

I have met some wonderful people since I took this job at the adoption kennel but one person that I always had a fond spot for was Father John and his grey Mr. Bill. Mr Bill attended services and afterwards would play with the kids in the courtyard outside the church. And always attended the blessing of the hounds which Father did every year and always invitied us at msgao. But Mr Bill's most important job was taking care of Father John. Father John's health was not the greatest and one night Mr. Bill saved his life. Mr. Bill never left his side, even as Father went from a cane to a walker and on, Mr. Bill was right by his side. But yesterday Mr Bill had to leave Father John . I think Mr Bill has important things to do at the bridge because I know the good lord would not take him if not needed. Today Father John needs our prayers and good thoughts. My heart is just breaking for him................jan

Sending prayers for Father John. :hope A very special greyhound Angel must have been needed. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Snowy8

The first time I ever met Father John, Mr Bill was standing quietly right there....barely wagging his tail...very humble. As soon as I spoke to Mr. Bill, he was so excited & he kept his eyes on Father John to make sure he was okay. He was a greeter! I was amazed to find out that he actually came to the services & then stood outside as everyone was leaving. He loved both grown ups & children...and other dogs, cats, snakes, hampsters...whoever! Every year Father John had the blessings of the pets & Mr. Bill was right there!

A special bright star will be in the sky tonight & a beautiful rainbow will be in the sky to let Father John know that Mr. Bill is okay!

:f_red:f_red:brokenheart:gh_lay:brokenheart:f_red:f_red

I'm so very sorry. :( Sending prayers for Father John's aching heart. :hope Godspeed, Mr. Bill... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest argolola

How sad for Father John. Well at least Mr. Bill had a wonderful life with him. The heavens will be brighter tonight.

Please offer our condolences to the Father.

Edited by argolola

Guest princessmommy

Our love and prayers go out to Father John. He must be terribly sad right now. Mr. Bill will always be watching over Father John.

Guest DoofBert

Prayers for Father John. Like another poster said -- a very special angel must have been required at the bridge.

Take care of all the bridge babies, Mr. Bill!

Guest how888

My heart is heavy for words right now. My heartfelt sympathy and yes, there is a new bright and shining star we can all look up too. Thanks for sharing this Jan, I hope Father John gets to read all the posts. Godspeed Mr. Bill. What a gentle soul he must have been and just believe that "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" we will all meet n greet one more time. :f_red:f_red:f_red

I am so sorry. My deepest sympathy. Run free and fast Mr. Bill. :f_red:f_red:grouphug:f_red:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest lakelandgreys

Jan thanks for letting us know this so we can pray for Father John in the loss of his companion. :candle:hope:candle:hope They're just never with us long enough.

We attended the festival at Father John's church last year at his request. I was struck by how attentive Mr. Bill was to Father John. He never left his side. He walked along side his wheel chair and quietly stood while Father John stopped and chatted with the members of his congregation. When it was time for the blessing of the pets Father John insisted the greyhounds go first and as we walked up, there stood Mr. Bill right by Father John's side. I know how much Father John must be missing him right now, and yes there definately will be a brighter star in the sky tonight!

Godspeed Mr. Bill. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee